Thursday, September 18, 2014

Breakfast Made From Left Overs - Squash, Oats & Whole Wheat Pancakes



Last night we had a "one pot meal"  - I'm posting pictures after a week of meals.  Anyway, we had butternut squash and potatoes left.....so, I was thinking about pancakes and hash browns this morning.  Here is what I did.




I smashed the squash and grated the potatoes.

Squash, Oats & Whole Wheat Pancakes:

1/2 C smashed cooked squash
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C oatmeal

Mix together:


Add 1 C milk, 1 egg, 1/4 t salt, 1 t baking soda, 1 t baking powder and 2 T brown sugar.  Mix well.  Let sit a bit to soak the oats before you put in pan.


I used a serving spoon and put 2 spoon fulls per pancake - makes 8.  Once I put the batter on the pan, I added grated nutmeg and raisins.  




Take grated potatoes and put on sprayed pan along with the eggs.  The potatoes are already cooked - so only need to be browned.



O.K. these pancakes are yummy, good for you and will keep you full - all morning.  What a great farm breakfast.  Best part, I have pancakes for tomorrow morning too.


I love crispy edges on eggs!  I hope you try this recipe the next time you have some left over squash.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

5 comments:

  1. Now I"m going to have to go cook breakfast. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO have leftover squash! Love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! It all looks so good. Can't wait to catch up with you at Ringle Harvest Fest. You've been warned, I'll be there ;)
    'love & hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete