Thursday, September 18, 2014

Breakfast Made From Left Overs - Squash, Oats & Whole Wheat Pancakes



Last night we had a "one pot meal"  - I'm posting pictures after a week of meals.  Anyway, we had butternut squash and potatoes left.....so, I was thinking about pancakes and hash browns this morning.  Here is what I did.




I smashed the squash and grated the potatoes.

Squash, Oats & Whole Wheat Pancakes:

1/2 C smashed cooked squash
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C oatmeal

Mix together:


Add 1 C milk, 1 egg, 1/4 t salt, 1 t baking soda, 1 t baking powder and 2 T brown sugar.  Mix well.  Let sit a bit to soak the oats before you put in pan.


I used a serving spoon and put 2 spoon fulls per pancake - makes 8.  Once I put the batter on the pan, I added grated nutmeg and raisins.  




Take grated potatoes and put on sprayed pan along with the eggs.  The potatoes are already cooked - so only need to be browned.



O.K. these pancakes are yummy, good for you and will keep you full - all morning.  What a great farm breakfast.  Best part, I have pancakes for tomorrow morning too.


I love crispy edges on eggs!  I hope you try this recipe the next time you have some left over squash.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.
Post a Comment