Monday, September 8, 2014

Motivation Monday - Why Was I Procrastinating This?

In light of last week's motivation - effort - I have been making myself do some things I tend to procrastinate.  It's not that I don't want to do these things - I do and usually am successful at them - it's just getting started that I hate.

So, I made myself a list and got started.  I don't need to go into detail here about what I was doing and why I was procrastinating it to make my point....

The point is, that once I completed an item I thought "why was I procrastinating this?"  that wasn't so bad.  So, I moved on to the next thing....the feeling of completing these tasks empowered me and motivated me to do the next one.  Really, if you are procrastinating something - make a list - I happened to work on the easiest one first, complete it and cross it off.  You will feel empowered to complete the next one.

So, today....I'm off the the dentist to fix a tooth that I broke off back in December....I really hate needles and drills...but, I want to fix it and cross it off my list.  Now to make that appointment for a mammogram....I hope I still feel empowered after that one - LOL

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. You have motivated me to make a list. Then I'll see if I can get some things checked off. I used to never procrastinate and now it seems to be my middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacky! Procrastination is such a life stealer! It really makes me mad at myself when I complete a task that I had procrastinated about, and it turned out to be fun or rewarding! It's great you are getting your tooth fixed today! You will be so happy when it's done! I don't get mammo's anymore since I read where they are not good for your body. I think your list is a good idea! I keep one going in my mind, and sometimes write things down. Thanks for the motivation! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete