Tuesday, October 18, 2011

We are going to Chicago to Meet “Sam & Dean” from Supernatural!

 

First off, I love the T.V. series “Supernatural".  My daughter’s friend from church told us about this series several years back.  We watched the first season on DVD and were hooked.  Supernatural is about 2 brothers who fight “evil” – like demons, monsters, Satan, witches – they have help from angels.

I grew up with a Mom who loved Sci-Fi and “spooky” movies.  I was little – like under 5 – and I remember her watching a soap opera called “Dark Shadows”  Which, by the way was about a vampire family – way before “Twilight.”  She actually cried when they took it off air.  So, I grew up watching stuff like this and I LOVE it too.  And as a Christian the story line – at times – follows closely to some scripture – maybe taken a little out of context, but none the less – “end times” themed.  As a Christian, I also believe in the “supernatural” – one can’t believe in God without understanding who Satan is.  Scripture says:  “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”  Eph. 6:12

About a year ago, we found out that Supernatural was going to have a convention in Chicago.  We were so excited – we ordered our Gold Package Tickets right away!  I can’t believe it is here – we are going this week/weekend. 

I HATE driving in big cities!!!!! HATE being a passenger in a car driving in big cities!!!  However, I have to get there – plane tickets were like $300 each round trip – so, I’m going to drive (please pray for me).  I know I’m 1/4 Native American – but the trackin gene skipped me – or ran out by the time child 6 came around!!!  For some reason, I get lost all the time!   We are using a Garmin GPS, but I also don’t hold much faith in those types of things….did you see the episode of the Office where Michael and Dwight drove into the lake??? (Office also another series I’m addicted too….what can I say – I get OCD with stuff)

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/supernatural if you want to check it out. 

Picture of “Dean” (Oh, I forgot to mention – gorgeous!)

Wallpaper_2_800.jpg

This is “Sam” (what did is say…gorgeous!) 

O.K. so I’m …. 45 years old … and I have a “teen age” crush on Sam and Dean – I know my husband teases me too!  I don’t know who is more excited my daughters or me.   I should start a support group for this….”Hello, my name is Jacky, I’m 45, married, mother of 2 and I LOVE “Sam and Dean”…..I bet I’m not the only one!!!!

So, I won’t be blogging until I get back.  Then, I will post pictures of our adventures.  Did I mention there was a costume party – I’m going as Karen, Bobby’s zombie wife…..if you understand that – Good Job!

Blessings from Wisconsin!

3 comments:

  1. can't say i've ever watched supernatural, but i DID watch Dark Shadows! loved me some barnabus collins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to join your support group. I am think of going to the Chicago con and appreciate your blog entries about it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete