Monday, October 24, 2011

Supernatural Chicago Convention

 

This will be a quick post – a more detailed one to follow.  We had a BLAST!  The actors were very down to earth, friendly, approachable and in my opinion surprisingly humble.   We had a “Gold Ticket” which gave us 5th row seats, breakfast with Jensen & Jared (Sam & Dean), Q&A with several of the “stars” from past seasons.  Well worth the money!

I did get lost and had a melt down on some exit off I90 near O’hare – we ended up on a road that was closed.  It was after 9:30 p.m. and hard to see stuff!  Anyway, we made it and coming home was so easy, we actually were only 2 stop lights off I90 – the “little black box” (GPS) as I call it – was wrong…..what did I say about trusting that thing??? 

My biggest surprise…I really liked “Lucifer” (played by Mark Pellegrino).  I didn’t watch Lost – he was on there and many other shows…wow, was he super nice and really funny!  He sang Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing” with us when he sat at our table for the “cocktail party” – that is what they called it.

The girls and I enjoyed ourselves.  I was so happy for them because they both love the Sam & Dean characters. 

I will say, however, that I figured out that I am a “homebody.”  It was really nice to see the last toll to cross over into Wisconsin.  I LOVE Wisconsin and the knot in the pit of my stomach was gone.  The car ride home had some spectacular views of lightning. 

More about our 1st Convention to come.  Oh ya, I thought I was OCD – boy, I just watch Supernatural for entertainment – there are some super obsessed fans!   Good for Creation Entertainment – but, some of the questions were ackward!  I felt so bad for the actors!!!  For the most part, they all “took it in stride” however, by the end of the weekend – people were getting “booed at” when they asked stupid stuff.  Mostly it was the same few stupid people.

Still had fun – can cross this off my “bucket list” – and YES Jensen and Jared ARE so much better looking in person!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a fun trip! You're right~ "There's no place like home"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! It sounds like you had a great time in Chicago. I feel that way too when I cross the border to come visit my family, it's like a weight is lifted off you and you can drive like a normal person:)

    ReplyDelete