Saturday, November 27, 2021

Shop Small Saturday - Town Hall Trinkets, LLC

Today is Shop Small Saturday and I thought I would share a bit about myself and my business for new and old followers.

I grew up in a family of "pickers" and have very early memories of digging in old houses and such.  This has always been something that was part of my life.  

However, a whole new oportunity opened up to me when I started working with Kathy Marquardt.  Her husband was an auctioneer.  When she learned that I was into "picking" she asked if I wanted to work their sales on the weekends - yes please!  I met others in the "business" and soon was buying out estates as well.  

We bought our farm in 1994.  In 1995 I hosted my first "barn" sale.  Let me tell you, it wasn't a "thing" back then.  Nor, did we have social media to document all the cool things we did.  My friend Lisa had a barn too and we did a sale at her place and mine.  When we first did this, we heard "ewww, you're having a sale in the barn?!?"  Yes...the barn....we would say, "not by the animals, it's clean."  We did the fall one (now Ringle Harvest Day) here at our farm and the Christmas one at Lisa's.  

Al stick built me a 16' x 60' building that is my shop/studio/storage.  I hosted a monthly themed sale here for several years.  I did stop doing that, due to my daughter's and parent's health issues, they needed me more.  So much has happened since that time.  I've changed, evolved, reinvented myself, started blogging, gave in to getting facebook, stared several side hussles, went to auctioneering school - it's been a crazy ride.  

Fast forward to today....I often think people know this stuff about me, but I recently realized that fewer people know it than I thought...that is why I'm writing this post.  

Welcome to my page (whatever one connected you here)!  I appreciate your following along.  My name is Jacky Luetschwager aka Dicky Bird (my nick name since birth).  I am 55 and I've been married to Al since 1988.  We have 2 daughters, Justine (Josh) and Anna (Jon) and 1 granddaughter, Lauren.   This is my blog, Dicky Bird's Nest, where I share little things about my life.  My business name is Town Hall Trinkets, LLC (Town Hall Trinkets, LLC)  I do estate consulting, conduct estate sales and sell in a group that is part of my facebook page (Town Hall Trinkets Online Estate Sales).  I also started and still organize our annual community event (Ringle Harvest Day).  I host other "pop up" events (It's All a Rave, Vintage Pop Up Sales).  I teach classes on a wide range of subjects on (The Hobby Farm).  Yes, I know, no one told me when I started on social media that you should only have one page....but, all of the different areas of what I do make sense to me.  Feel free to LIKE and follow along.

I was thinking the other day how much I love doing this, but I have to "clip my wings" and maybe just "scratch" around here at my own farm instead of trying to "fly the coop" and "roost" at all the other events around the state....this bird is feeling old....Oh, I forgot, I'm also a chicken lady....





Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

7 comments:

  1. I love hearing your story! You seem to wear so many hats. You must be very busy all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know my personality type has a hard time saying no and not knowing when to stop. I just woke up and thought, it's Sunday, I could list a few things befoe church...no, you're not Dicky Bird! You are just taking the day off....ahahah

      Delete
  2. Your story never gets old, Jacky! And while I have followed along with you for some time now, I always learn something (relearn something I learned but have forgotten is probably more accurate LOL).... I do not remember knowing you went to auctioneer school. How fun is that?! That has always fascinated me how they speak so fast... I could be a neurosurgeon before I could do that LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, well, talking fast comes naturally...thinking fast like a neurosurgeon...not so much...ahhaah

      Delete
  3. I grew up with a grandmother who was into antiques and would take me to some as they called it then junk shops. so I have a bit of it in my blood too.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun. We did that too. There was this huge old barn on the way to my grandparent's house. I remember going as a child, really young, because there were rats running around and my sister was screaming. I can still see them and they seemed huge. Maybe because I was so little...ahaha

      Delete
  4. Well I have been following along for awhile now and did not know you are an auctioneer too! You go girl and dont stop now. ;-) Janice

    ReplyDelete