Monday, November 1, 2021

Motivational Monday - The Trifecta

 Good Motivational Monday Morning.  I am so excited - today, for me, is a trifecta!  It's a new month, the 1st day of the month and it falls on a Monday.  Oh boy, nothing makes me want to start something new, start over, set a plan, make a list, check things off, than that.  It just "hits" my numbers OCD jackpot!  

Seriously, I told one of my friends Saturday "I'm so excited for Monday, it's my trifecta."  Teehee, o.k., so now, what am I going to do with it?  I feel so unprepared....story of my life....

I have to first say, that last week, I came up with some awesome quotes, 5 in fact.  I plan to do blog posts about them.  So, here we go with one of them.  

It was in reference to an appointment I had with a potential client.  She had me over to look at items she wanted to sell.  She gave me a tour of their newly built retirement home and it was amazing.  She is an avid quilter and crafter and her room was a dream!  She said something very close to this to me, "now that I'm not working, I spend my days quilting."  I asked her if I could take some pictures to share with my friend Renee, who is also a quilter.  When I left the appointment, I sent Renee some photos and repeated the client's quote.  Renee said something like, "and I have projects I started years ago I haven't finished."  And there you have it....the point in which I said..."Well, my life is one huge, 'uncompleted' project" (I know uncomplete is really incomplete, but it I didn't say it that way)


(Just look at how organized the fabric is!)  

So, as quickly as I said that to Renee, I also added - "well actually, all of our life's are an incomplete project and in the master's hands.  It just seems other's are better at the complete part than me."  So, with that quote and statement in mind, I motivate myself to move forward, this trifecta of a Monday.  

Yes, almost everything I start, I struggle to complete.  I have no idea why.  I enjoy dreaming, planning, getting started, and working on the project and or process, it's just I fall short with the ending.  Maybe that's it, I don't want the fun to end.  That can't be it, as the incomplete causes anxiety at 3 am.  Maybe I have too many projects going.  That is probably part of it.  It doesn't even matter the "why" I just need to worry about the "do" part of it.  

I won't tell you what is on my list, as I've made that mistake before.  I ended up regreting my saying and felt bad when I didn't complete it.  My cook book, 52 weeks of cookies ring a bell?  How bout this one, 10 lessons from my mama hen?  I could go on here....but, just know, I'm working on myself and my list.  I hope the trifecta motivates you as well.  We have a clean slate kinda day and month.  Let's take advantage of it.  Good luck!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. It doesn't take much to make you happy, does it? LOL... And here I am muttering that it's November...the start of 5+ months of winter looking at the snow falling that I didn't know we were supposed to get. Yeah, I am one of those "half-empty glass" kind of girls unfortunately. Well, Happy November my friend...and enjoy your "trifecta." ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I LOVE you! You are one of the most real people I know! Yes, it is snowing! I hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoyed your Trifecta! I am the most un-organized unfinished project person on the planet probably. I have not finished my Christmas crafts for the store yet, and am thinking about starting some Valentines. UGH Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ARE soul sisters! I'm always excited to do, but then think about doing next or other too - ahaha. But, I have you beat!

      Delete