Monday, November 15, 2021

Motivational Monday - aMUSEment

 I am doing a little play on the word; aMUSEment.  First, I need amusement and fun to keep me motivated.  Second, muse - I am so inspired with the creative staging, reels, stories of creative influencers that I came up with some "fun" last week to motivate me.

I procrastinated, yet again, my getting ready for the anique show.  I have plenty of inventory, however, I didn't really get started with the old stuff until Monday.  I know, I know, I'm such a motivational faker at times.  I can do "this" for others, as a job, but I'm the toughest client I know....ahahah

Each day I tried to do several stores on my instagram page that I shared to facebook.  The little groupings, thinking about how to stage them and the funnies I would post about them, really inspired me to "dig" and think about what I wanted to bring.  That "fun" motivated me to keep working - I did nonstop all week, right up until I left to the show to set up.  Here are a few of the little things I did; 


I added little songs, funny things I thought up and I made sure to stage my business card in some of them.







The whole time, and it does take time to do this, that I was thinking up these little "stories" for advertising purposes, I was telling myself, "you shouldn't even waste your time doing this, just keep marking, no one sees your posts anyway."  You know all the things a person could say to unmotivate themselves.

Well, I have to tell you that - now you all know I have a saying..."there's fine line in sayin' and braggin'"  I don't like to even share things like I am about to say, because it sounds like braggin' - it is NOT my intention.  My intention here is to motivate you to not listen to the negative thoughts, let fun motivate you, keep doing and plugging away at what you do, try something new, be inspired by other creative people, infuluencers, if you will.  So, before the show even began, I had a few dealers come to me and say "wow, Jacky, you did a great job promoting your items for this sale, thanks for sharing all that."  Then, when the doors opened, I was hit with customers who were going from one table to the next, grabbing things and I said something like "oh, that is a"...then I heard it...."I know, I saw your stories and came just for these things."  Even the not antique little things we set up "DIY-Semi-Vintage" was a hit!  We sold alot of that and I did say, "those aren't antiques, the are just for fun."  EVERYONE said, "oh, I know they aren't, I just wanted them for....."   So, thanks everyone for the support.

If you are unmotivated to do something you "have" to, think of a way of making it fun.  It really helped me and it was also profitable, as I sold 90% of what was in those little "stories."  Now, if I could just find a fun way to stick to my Noom...ahaha.

Blessing from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

5 comments:

  1. congratulations on your great show! all of your hard work paid off! Now you know what kind of impact you make doing those postings.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It does take extra time, but it pays off.

      Delete
  2. Yay you!! Sometimes we really don't know - or realize- the impact our words and doings have on people. I went through one of my "why do I bother" phases recently as regards blogging....and then, out of the blue, someone I didn't even know follows my blog messaged me saying such encouraging things.... I know that that isn't exactly what your "message" was here, but it just struck that chord with me. So very glad you had a successful show. I had all intentions of going but came down with some kind of bug...non-stop sneezing and runny nose...wasn't sure if it was some kind of allergy issue or a real "bug," so decided I shouldn't be out and about. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful! It was what the post is about. I had the "why bother" phrase for most of the summer in regards to my visablity and such on social media and other aspects of what I do. You know for me it was like, I found some really cool (whatever) then I look at instagram or something and I see another booth or shop with 50 of the cool thing I found...."why bother"....ahahah

      Delete
    2. Oh, I hope you feel better soon!

      Delete