Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Squash Corn Cakes

 Squash corn cakes, I made this recipe up myself.  I need to use up some self rising flour, but probably could replace with any flour and add baking powder.  

1/4 C cornmeal

1/4 C self rising flour 

1/4 C squash puree

1 egg

1 T raw honey

1/4 C 1% milk (could use skim)

1 t cinnamon.  



The squash puree is really easy to make.  Cut your squash in half or at least uniform sizes, turn upsidedown on a pan, roast @350  until fork tender (45 min.).  Let cool, scoop out, puree.  This is unseasoned so could use in savory or sweet recipes.


Mix all ingredients together and pour into a prepared pan.  I didn't use oil, rather just cooking spray.  Yielded 8 cakes all for 306 calories/39 per cake.  



I really enjoyed these!  I hope you give them a try.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment