Friday, June 4, 2021

Farmhouse Friday - A Bit of This and That

This was a productive week here at the farm.  I will admit, I was at the brink of "giving up" on Tuesday.  I have always been told, "you HAVE to have your garden in by Memorial Day."  Well, here it is June 4 and I still have plants in my greenhouse and seeds waiting to be planted.  I ran out of room, steam and days in the week.  I am also going on a small vacation with our daughter Anna, so it ALL will have to wait as I am taking a break.  

On Monday, we took Grandma down to see Anna and Jon.  We had a very nice visit and went to a few greenhouses too.   Anna's barn has a stone silo attached to it.  It's so cool and one of the stones at the top says 1905.  Her little side business is "Stone Silo Bakery" and I can't wait until I can set up a pop up at her farm.  Teehee Jon....  When they lived in Waukesha, pretty much next to an antique mall, I set up a pop up 2 years in a row.  The last one, I took down a HUGE amount of vintage clothes.  I had a few girls from Fond Du Lac/Oshkosh area come and buy a bunch.  Anyway, Jon helped me by taking all the left overs to Goodwill, so I could leave with a mostly empty van.  


Wednesday was filled with pond life, touching slimy "mucky muck," a speckled frog who wanted to listen to my stories and cloud eggs.   She is so much fun to spend time with - such a joy (for Gramma Bird anyway - wink, wink).  You know, as gramma, I don't have to be the "boss" I can just have fun.  





I have to share how inspiring my new book, Secrets of Devon Wood, My Nature Journal by Jo Brown.  Here is the link to her youtube post on the journey of woods to publication. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKHetmWdMCE

Her illustrations are amazing!  



I walked around my little wildflower garden and took a few pictures.  I may dabble a bit with some drawings. 


We started one of our next sales.  Some very interesting items.  We have a bunch we are buying, that's the beauty of setting up these sales, we get to pick first.  We usually don't buy much, but he has some cute rustic things that will mix well with our booth at Ringle Harvest Day Flea Market with this and that other buy out, we are going to have a huge booth.  

Well, Anna and I are off on a little vacation.  She planned a Laura Ingalls Wilder trip.  We are starting in Pepin, WI, Burr Oak, IA, De Smet, SD and then Walnut Grove, MN.  We plan to listen to some of the books as we travel.  We are sleeping in a covered wagon too.  

Everything will have to wait till I return.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds like a GREAT vacation...and what a clever idea! Be sure to take lots of photos to share with us. I am so glad you are getting away. All your photos are wonderful, but I truly love the frog ones. Could the fact that I am partial to frogs have anything to do with it?? Nah...I don't think so either. Have a great time and safe travels! ~Robin~ (PS...is that a full-size wardrobe or a child's/miniature one?? Either way, I think I'm in love LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will do that. Those are child size wardrobes. Jim,our client made those as doll houses for his girls. He made some of the furniture too. He has other cool pieces he made. One is larger and all barn wood. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Have a wonderful break away, sounds like such a fun tripped planned.

    ReplyDelete