Thursday, June 24, 2021

Sale in the Barn

 I'm going back to the beginning.  The beginning of Town Hall Trinkets, LLC (A Monthly Market).  There wasn't social media at the time, however, when we first moved here 26 years ago, I did sales at our farm.  

There was a small outbuilding, cracked floor, weeds growing up the inside, 2 little windows - I only wish I had a picture of it!  We had a tornado touch down in 1997 that tore it apart.  We were actually picking up pieces of it at our neighbor's farm, when we were helping them clean up after they lost their whole barn.  It was very rustic, 15' x 30'? ish.  I remember an antique dealer came to shop and she said "this is the cutest little building" (why didn't I take a picture?)  At that time, I only did 2 sales a year.  

Eventually, Al built me a shop/studio.  I painted it inside and out and that building was where I did my sales.  For several years I did a monthly sale, but not in January or February, I'm in Wisconsin.  Our life was turned upside down in 2005 when our youngest daughter was diagonised with bladder cancer, she was 10.  I closed my shop here and focused on caring for her and my failing parent's.  I always sold though, I rented booths.  It was that next year that we moved the Ringle Harvest Day  to the town hall, open fields, parking lots and sides of roads in Ringle.  

Anyway, that's the 411 in short....

Flash forward to 2021, COVID changes to how I operate, change in my health and heart for what I do....to back to the farm.  I do NOT plan to do a monthly market (I'd have to change my property zoning) however, the State of Wisconsin allows for some selling here.  So, this Saturday, June 26 from 9-3, there will be a sale in the barn here.  I have several buildings that are over run, sadly my shop/studio is one of them, that I can hardly get in the door.  I like to buyout estates and that is how they get so full.  I know, you're thinking, FULL! really?!?  Yes, even my trailers are full!  I just never seem to get through some of it.  Last summer, I did sell probably the equivalent to a building full and I donated what didn't.  That is how I have a clean spot in the barn.  ahahah

I had plans on starting with my shop/studio and sorting in there, however, I did a "buyout" this past week and the couple even delivered it in their trailer!  I told them, "I'd like to buy it all, but I don't have an empty trailer to pick it up," her husband said, "I do."  So, I will start with that, pull out what I want or to sell another way and add to it.  

Lisa, Caretaker's Cottage, is bringing a van load or more too.  Our daughter (the cancer survivor) is doing a grab and go, salad lunch.  Proceeds will go toward funding her and Jon's future baby adoption.  

Here is the link to our Craigslist ad:  Sale in the Barn














I think I priced things to sell.  I hope to see you, if not this time, maybe the next, possibly the end of August.  However, if I'm cleaning I may set up a few tables and post "come tonight 6-8" kind of a thing.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

8 comments:

  1. Hope it goes well! You've done so well clearing out a lot of stuff this past year. Good for you! You rescue some beautiful looking things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have been trying. A lot out and a little in (wink, wink). Thanks

      Delete
  2. Well I am not close enough but in a way I am glad you have to many good things in those pictures and I am trying hard not to put anymore stuff in my house.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can't bring anything in my house either.

      Delete
  3. I continually learn new things about you and your life...I did not know about the original outbuilding (why DIDN'T you take a photo LOL??)...the tornado...or your daughter's battle with cancer. You are one strong lady my friend. Looks like a motherlode of goodies there. I would love to come...as you said, if not this time, perhaps next time. You still have some pillows for me, no?? ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Ginny, she loved it. I wasn't best at taking any pictures. I regret that, because over the years, I've done some cute things (wink, wink). Yes, Anna had Cancer - Rhabdomyocarcoma of the bladder. It was a whole year of treatments, radiation. Mayo and Marshfield. Jesus saved my daughter, but not Anna's (sad face). Her husband and her are on list for private adoption. She is getting closer, hopefully, as you never know who a birth parent will pick. Yes, I have your pillows. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Oh no. a tornado and your daughter having cancer. You have gone though a lot. Looking at your goodies, I know you should have a great sale! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an eclectic mix of amazing things. Hope the sale goes well.

    ReplyDelete