Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Motivational Monday - Tattered

 I was watering some seedlings in my greenhouse and noticed this swallowtail butterfly.  The poor thing was beating against the glass trying to get out.  I tried to shoosh it out for like 10 minutes, but it was not understanding my directions.  I left the door open and at the end of the day, it was no longer in there.  

I took a few pictures of it against the glass.  It wasn't until later when I was editing the photos that I noticed the wings were so tattered.  Of course, being me, I happen to think of an object lesson - Motivational Monday post.




You can beat yourself up trying to do things they way you think is right or how you've always done them and this may cause your wings to become tattered.

Wings may be tattered, but you can still fly.

You may choose not to accept outside help, even when the person has your best intersest in mind, you can beat yourself up trying to do it all on your own.

Wings may be tattered, but you can still fly.

You may think you know the right way, you can see it, but there is a something between you and your vision.  You may beat yourself up trying to achieve a vision, but there may be a "window" stopping you.

Wings may be tattered, but you can still fly.

You may rest on a plan or dream, wait on the answer and out of no where, you see the door.  

Wings may be tattered, but you can still fly.

This butterfly, tattered wings and all, did make it out of the greenhouse.   I hope she left with some valuable lessons like the ones she left for me.   

So, you may be in a "hot house" in "hot water" or a bad situation, you can make it out.  It may take all day, but when you see the answer, you'll know it.  And, your wings may be tattered, but you can still fly. 

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post Jackie! So glad the butterfly was able to fly away. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying so. I was too! I was afraid I would find it dead, but I saw 2 Swallowtails in the lilacs near this...I'm thinking it was one of them...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, it's the little things like this I think bloggers think about as they go about their day. Well, I do anyway.

      Delete
  3. This is just too beautiful...and oh so relatable. Well, well, done my friend. ❤️ ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, thanks! It is relatable to me, that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. A lesson we should all take on board, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Life is full of lessons if we just look around.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful post.. I ‘m getting caught upon your blogs.This is definitely a piece to copy and read often. Thank you…. I get it!

    ReplyDelete