Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Quartlery Exams - Working on my Masters

I was sharing recently about how life is a "test" - rather, the trials and obstacles that come our way - I will relate these as exams.  

How do we handle them?  What would our grade be?  The first quarter of 2017 is complete.  Wow, did I face some pretty hard exams.  It was rough, I won't lie. 

As I was sharing this with a friend, I said, "I'm tired of getting F's, I want to get A's on these exams in life."  I have failed in the past because I've given up and just said...F this...sorry, but true.  What can I do differently?  

Then it hit me, I don't just want A's, I want a Master's Degree.   You know, like turning it all over to the Master before I quit or react to life's exams.  Oh a Master's that's it!  That's the answer.  How do I achieve this? 

I need to study for these exams by reading my Bible to search for the answers.  "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."  2 Timothy 2:15  

I need to prepare for these exams by praying before, during and after.  "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."  Philippians 4:6

Work on letting things go by thinking about what is really important.  "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all ways acknowledge him and he shall direct they paths."   Proverbs 3 5-6

Seek after Godly counsel, learn from the Master and trust in Jesus to "take care of it."  "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace."  Isaiah 9:6

We all graduate from life.  "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after is the judgment:  So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."  Hebrews 9:27-28.

When my time comes to graduate, however long that may be, I want high marks on my exams.  I want to graduate Summa Cum Laude with my Master's Degree.   

So as each day brings me a new exam, I want to be prepared.  I've been working on myself.  I have found, that at most times during these exams, it would be easier to "sin" my flesh wants to, believe me.  When we had no water for 33 days, all my friends and family were saying..."yell at them" - what good would that do?  It would have felt good to me to do so, but who would have received the glory?  I can tell you that we did get the bill for our new well - guess what?  The company wrote us a message of how they appreciated our patience and reduced the bill by nearly 10%.  I am happy I kept my "flesh" in check and let the "spirit" lead my attitude.  If you know me...you know this is HUGE!  To God be the glory.  




Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


2 comments:

  1. Well said! I appreciated reading this today! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad always told me you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar....meaning be nice and it will come back two fold. Janice

    ReplyDelete