Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Hodge Podge Wednesday

She asks the questions and we answer.  Go to the link, From Across the Pond - Hodge Podge Wednesday:  http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/2017/04/a-garden-full-of-hodgepodge.html


1. April is Lawn and Garden Month. On a scale of 1-10 what's the current state of your lawn and/or garden. (10=a showpiece, 1=send in the professionals). Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month.

1 - send in the professionals.  Only, I wouldn't...we live in the country so we don't really have a need to have a showpiece lawn.  Our garden, however is a different story, we try to be more meticulous with that.  Try is the key word here, we start out that way.  

2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there."~Thomas Fuller  What does this quote mean to you?

To me, it reminds me of the parable of the sower.  In a world full of social media outburst of all kinds, it is hard not to let a "seed" you see or read get to you.  If the "seeds" were good and it brought about healing or change - great.  However, some "seeds" are not and you could sit and let them start to grow and cause you to become depressed or bitter.  We need to be careful to guard our hearts and minds - especially our eyes to what we see and read on social media.

3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?

The Master, my counselor.

4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous?

Hmmm, I don't really get nervous taking to people, I strike up conversations with strangers every day.  

5. Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe? Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black eyed susan...which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?

I consider myself a folk artist and I don't dislike any colors.  Sunflowers from that list, but baby chicks and ducks!

6. Flip flops or bare feet?

Bare feet

7. Tell us about any Easter plans, celebrations, or traditions you'll carry out this month.

We do a Sunday School Easter egg hunt.  This year will be different for our family.  One of our daughters and her husband will be in China - yes, China and the other daughter and her husband will have Easter at his parent's house.  So, I plan to make a light lunch for just Al and I.  We are having a lunch together as a family at the end of the month when everyone can be here.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

My sister found a box of old photos and I do remember seeing them before, but not for many years.  I took pictures of the originals.  As I was doing so, I happen to say, "these images are more than mere moments in time."  As I sifted through them, I happen to think how old each family member was at that time in their life.  Did their life at that age parallel with mine.   I tend to do this at every stage of life I enter.  Maybe because I'm the youngest, I'm not sure.  But, as I enter a new stage I often think, well what did Bonnie or Lynn (my oldest sisters) do when they were my age?  How did they handle this or that?  Not that I compare myself - rather prepare myself.  There is a big difference in that.  We each are not served the same "plate" in life - but, how we respond to what we receive is important to take lessons from.  

Here are a few pictures of my mom when she young.  My mom really was beautiful - inside and out.  




Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the photos you shared.

    I, too, reflect on the lives of others with the hope that I learn valuable lessons from the inspection. As my husband likes to say, "Nothing is so bad that it can't at least serve as a bad example!"

    Hmm.

    I enjoyed your Hodgepodge today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving us a glimpse into your thoughts and life. I enjoyed reading your responses, and especially liked your thoughts in #8, how you wonder how people who have gone ahead of you might have handled situations, and I like your reply ..."Not that I compare myself - rather prepare myself." A lovely thought.

    I hope you have a wonderful week, and a happy and blessed Easter.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete