Monday, September 16, 2013

Motivation Monday - "You're An Overcomer" - Mandisa

My new favorite song - "Overcomer" by Mandisa.  Here are the lyrics:

Staring at a stop sign
Watching people drive by
T Mac on the radio
Got so much on your mind
Nothing's really going right
Looking for a ray of hope

Whatever it is you may be going through
I know He's not gonna let it get the best of you

You're an overcomer
Stay in the fight ‘til the final round
You're not going under
‘Cause God is holding you right now
You might be down for a moment
Feeling like it's hopeless
That's when He reminds You
That you're an overcomer
You're an overcomer

Everybody's been down
Hit the bottom, hit the ground
Oh, you're not alone
Just take a breath, don't forget
Hang on to His promises
He wants You to know

The same Man, the Great I am
The one who overcame death
Is living inside of You
So just hold tight, fix your eyes
On the one who holds your life
There's nothing He can't do
He's telling You 

Here is a link to the song so you can listen to it:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29olPjFbqg

This song is based on 1 John 5: 4-5  

1 John 5:4-5

New International Version (NIV)
for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

The video is awesome.  Using the "cancer" story to show those that overcome.  You all know where that hits me.  Our theme song when Anna was in treatment was Casting Crowns "Praise You In This Storm."

Mandisa wrote this song for her friend who was battling breast cancer while pregnant.  She wanted to give her a positive song and words to listen to, to help her during her fight.  

I was on my way in to town at 6:30 a.m. to "help" take care of my Mom this past Friday morning.  I was thinking about her, her rummage sale, Ringle Harvest Day, 4-H issues, Elderon Bible study, Weight Watchers weight in, 2 weddings in 2014 (my daughters - blog followers, Anna is getting married too.  I didn't post about it yet as I was waiting for their engagement pictures), my friend Lola, Syria....you know life...when this song came on the radio.  Just what I needed to hear!

I tweeted:
  1. "You're an overcomer" Listening to this AM whatever it is in your life that you are battling Jesus can help you overcome!


    Reply to  
    Image will appear as a link


John 16:33

New International Version (NIV)
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

So, what more motivation do we need this Monday.   Being an overcomer isn't something special for a chosen few.  Jesus can help you with any problem you may have.  I know, because he has for me - and I'm no one special. 

We might not get the "answer" we feel we need or expect - but, we will get the one He has planned for us.  I can't help but think of Dan Julson for an expample.  He was a young man in our church that battled cancer for many years.  He did pass from his illness.   At his funeral, our pastor at the time said "we might not have witnessed Dan healed here in the physical world, but rest assured he is in Heaven.  God's promises still hold true - even in death - we rest on the faith that 'by his stripes we are healed' and Dan is today."  I actually think about that funeral service a lot!  The wisdom in that statement.  Dan is healed and we will witness it one day. 

We might have daily challenges, like the ones I was thinking about on Friday.  Life can and is hard at times!  Just remember you can be an overcomer!  Jesus can help you if you only ask.  He is waiting.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jacky! Wow! That was awesome! Thanks for sharing the song! I was feeling kind of down because I've felt irritable and did some things, and was beating myself up while Jesus was saying, "It's o.k.!" I can now laugh at myself for being so silly! Oh thank you Jesus for your unfailing love to us! Two wedding! Oh Jackie! Next year is going to be so eventful for your family! Thanks for sharing this! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet thing to do for her friend - and how neat that she responded to your tweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she responded to your tweet!!

    ReplyDelete