Sunday, September 8, 2013

Boost to My Creativity - Totally Selfish Post - Shame on Me!

This is a totally selfish post - I'm almost embarrassed to write it.  I had such a fun time at the End of Season Flea Market at Grand Repeats in Wausau.  I've been kinda "out of the loop" - as far as seeing my old customers.  When my shop was open here at my farm, I had some pretty awesome regular customers.  I miss not seeing them the most!  This weekend in the Wausau area is the Artrageous Weekend held in conjunction with Leigh Yawke Woodson Art Museum's "Birds in Art."   I was a vendor for many years.  Once we started showing sheep - we attended a show held this same weekend instead.  This is the first time in like 9 years I sold and set up a booth on this weekend.  I only wish now that I would have spent more time creating this summer.  I need to get busy before Ringle Harvest Day - I need inventory!   Here is a picture of my booth.




I forgot my camera - so these were taken with my phone.

I bought some really cute stuff from Kathy Bird.  She was/is one of those awesome customers.  She and her mother would come out to my shop on the farm almost monthly.  She said the nicest thing to me.  After I bought these cute items, "wow, I'm so excited, Jacky is like my 'idol' and she is buying my art."  I said "wait a minute..." and we agreed that "idol" wasn't the best word.  I will admit, I was flattered beyond belief!  



All of the nice compliments really got me inspired again.  I have had some ideas floating around in my head - now I have to get creating.  My booth for Ringle will be all folk art, primitives and something new....kind of like Oddities (show).  I only hope I have time to get some of them done.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  
Post a Comment