Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 6 - National Fried Chicken Day & July 7 - National Chocolate Day

If there is one thing I think I am pretty good at....it is making fried chicken (I don't make it too often).  I know I'm not a southern gal, however, my grandma Kincaid was from Kentucky.  I can't tell you how many times I watched her and my Mom fry chicken (chickens...we have a large family) over the years.  Every Sunday after church we would have it.  My mom always fried chicken in an old Club Aluminum pan.  I was lucky to find one years ago at an auction.  Simple flour, salt & pepper in a paper grocery bag.  Put the pieces of chicken in there - shake it many times - and put the pieces in hot grease.  Make sure you use enough oil (I use old time vegetable shortening) to cover the pieces of chicken. 




I didn't have a chance to take a picture of my cake before it was cut into.  Both were really good!

Blessings from Wisconsin.

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

both look great!

Bama Girl said...

Hi Jacky! I am a Southern girl, but I rarely fry my chicken! I love it though! You've inspired me to cook some fried chicken! That chocolate cake, I'm drooling! Looks delicious! And moist! What recipe did you use? Blessings from Bama!

Faye Henry said...

|That's it.. I am coming for dinner.. grin..
If only I could.. oxxoxo