Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful

 

Yesterday was Thanksgiving in the U.S.  Abraham Lincoln, my favorite president, gave a speech where he set a side this day, as a national holiday.  His speech stated we should give thanks to our creator.  The speech was printed in our local paper – he sure had a way with words!  '

I try to be thankful everyday.  Jesus has blessed me and my family so much.  In good times and bad, I always try to find something to be thankful for.  

Yesterday, we had Al’s family over for lunch.  His family is small, compared to mine.  We made a new tradition, last year, that I do Thanksgiving, Jean, my sister-in-law, Christmas and Marlene, my mother-in-law, Easter.  So, this was our 2nd Thanksgiving here.

We, enjoyed the day, eating and watching the Packer Game.  Later in the evening, we went to my mom’s house, with some left-overs and to visit.  My great-niece made the whole meal at my mom’s.  She is only 14 and did an awesome job (she wanted to do this).  My mom has made many a turkey, however, she is not physically able to cook any more.  This really makes her depressed – so pray for her, please.   So, Aayliah, “helped” grandma cook…bless her heart!

Here are a few pictures of my house decorated for Thanksgiving. 

100_1051

100_1052

“Kid’s table”

100_1053

100_1054

100_1055

100_1057

I’ve been collecting these little candles for years – they are Tavern Candles.  I have a lot for Christmas. 

100_1058

I set the table with a combination of antique and vintage plates.  Justine made the bread cornacopia, we added mini fruits.  It turned out so cute!

100_1060

I hope you enjoyed your day.  Remember to find things to be thankful for everyday – Blessed in Wisconsin.




7 comments:

  1. Your Cornacopia looks delish enough to eat hehe.
    How wonderful that at 14 your niece is learning to cook on such a scale, these skills will bless her for the rest of her life.

    Blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that your niece did so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, kudos to your niece -- what a great help! Love your bread cornacopia!
    Woo-Hoo!!! Go Pack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! Love the Indian prints, the dishes and the cornucopia. Can't wait to see your Christmas displays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the nice comments. I told my niece to look at my blog - I know she will like the nice things said.
    Yes, Go Pack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice post. I love the bread coracopia.

    ReplyDelete