Friday, June 3, 2011

Robin's Nest - Recycled Chicken Feathers




In a previous post "WhizBang Chicken Plucker" I mentioned that my husband and I butchered 33 roosters with the Whizbang chicken plucker that he built.  Anyway, when you butcher 33 roosters, there might be a few feathers laying around.  Well, the Robins (and other birds) have decided to recyle this year and use them to line their nest.  In the top picture you can see that they used a blue strip from a tarp we had on top of one of our horse trailers.  This nest is on the beams of a lean on the side of our machine shed.  They make nests there every year.  This year this nest had 3 baby Robins.   Blessings from Wisconsin!

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with your chicken plucker and that you butcher your own chickens! I hope to do that next year.

    ReplyDelete