Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chicken Pictures

 

My chickens LOVE scraps – I am sometimes blessed with “days (few) old”  bakery from the grocery store.  Here my chickens are enjoying their treats.

 520

521

 

524

I have this old rusty wood stove next to that tree.  I usually have a potted flower in a pot on the top of the stove.  I haven’t planted one this year.  This hen is sitting on top of the pot….if she only knew…

 

522

523

All of my chickens LOVE perching in this old maple tree next to the coop.  We had lost several branches off this tree earlier this spring.  The ladder we used to cut off the branches is laying on top of this old stove.  I can not tell you how many times I look out my kitchen window to see a rooster looking at himself in that old mirror…crazy roosters!

526

527

  

525

This old nesting box if from my husband’s grandparent’s farm.  The chickens love sitting and roosting in the sun. 

529

This is the other side of my old chicken coop.  Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  Do you have a chicken coop or any funny chicken stories?  Blessings from Wisconsin.

5 comments:

  1. I think your chickens have got it good.. grin..
    Love all your old stuff even if it is for the chickens..
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, those big giant maple leaves are so gorgeous! i miss them as we don't see them here in Texas...

    thanks for finding my blog and leaving the most wonderful comment i've had in a long time. wow. no, i'm not a professional photographer whatsoever. i just got my first DSLR camera this winter so am still a novice. i'm just lucky enough to live in a wonderful 'studio' filled with lots of great 'models'. nature's splendor is all around at Run*A*Round. :)

    thanks again for finding me so i could find you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. i was raised in a tiny town outside the Marshfield area. when i visit home, i fly into the Wausau/Mosinee airport which is about an hour away. wisconsin is still a big part of who i am (hence the texwisgirl moniker i use).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a neat chicken coop! Your chickens look content there. You have a beautiful view out your window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you have some very happy chickens! :)

    ReplyDelete