Saturday, August 28, 2021

That's My Story and I'm Stickin to It!

 Boy did I jinx myself with the title of my last post.  You can read it here:  What You Can Do  I was unable to do a thing this whole week.  I lost a week of my life!  

I have allergies, I'm around all the things that irritate them, but almost every August, I end up with sinusitis and sometimes laryngitis and sometimes bronchitis follows.  Well, that was looking like my path this year and I was doing so good not even sick since March of 2019 (which probably was Covid?).  Anyway, I did all my little tricks and it was still progressing.  So, I didn't want to, but I went to the urgent care/walk in center.  I left with some prescriptions for medicines, some I knew, but the antibiotic I didn't.  I also left with a follow up appointment on Thursday with my primary care.  Well, Thursday rolled around and I could hardly lift my head, I was so, so sick.  In fact, my husband had to take a 1/2 day so he could drive me.  Well, good thing he did, because we left that clinic and went the the ER.  Now, I bet your thinking I have Covid, EVERYONE as in professionals did.  I had 5 negative tests and 3 of those were way up the nose till my eyes watered.  Now this isn't an anti-Covid post.  Covid is real, unfortunately!  I know we need to be cautious, I just wanted to be better.  

This post is about my story.  And my story was, I trusted the professionals to care for me.  Well, ends up, that the urgent care antibiotic had extreme side effects that I just happen to be the lucky winner of being effected by all of them.  So, once I was hooked up to an IV, given fluids, had a chest CT scan, more Xrays, anti nausea IV drugs, heart monitor and an overnight stay, I'm home.  I'm still sick, but on a different antibiotic.  

I wish, I would have put the pieces of this together in light of my parent's heart issues.  It's like a connect the dots now.  I had a weight gain of over 5 pounds in less than 48 hours.  Trust me, it wasn't from eating.  I couldn't walk from car to office, from exam room to radiology, I was so winded and weak.  When they hooked me up to all the eqipment at the ER and my head and ears were ringing, my blood pressure was flashing red - it was the highest I've EVER seen for me.   It was, "say hello to the cardiac unit."  I knew I would end up here one day, but not today.  

So, if "that's my story and I'm stickin to it" - "what can you do?"  I love it when I can roll these little stories back to a full circle teehee.  What I CAN do is trust myself better, I should have said NO thank you to an antibiotic I didn't know.   I should have connected the dots and taken a more active roll in my health care.  Work towards steps in NOT taking another trip to the cardiac unit.  Oh, when I left there last night, the nurse was on from 7-7 and I saw very little of him all day, it was crazy.  He said to me, "thanks for being the most patient, patient today" that I CAN do too.  


I wasn't going to share all this, but I can't help it, I'm a 7.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  



3 comments:

  1. 🙋‍♀️I can’t even begin to comment….it’s a scary world out there…A. Person (relative )of great love (young isn’t everyone?)waited from 9: pm in E.R. until 2:00am 😳for a room to stay with great grave complications from a fall wed. Night….. I know staff is overwhelmed ,no rooms,it’s getting very scary to be ill….I will not go to E.R. Until my last breath ( well not that very last breath) Rest have hubby’ duct tape you down to sofa…..look up new things on your tablet! I’ve been doing that this week…..can ‘t breath….Iam praying for you….so I can once again hear about your crazy active life! Maybe discover “ oak island” in Nova scosia ( sp) Canada you’ll be hooked on this buried treasure stupid show!🤦‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you had such a bad reaction to the drug it must of been very scary that is for sure. Glad you are on the mend
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for what you've gone through Jacky...and pray that you're on the road to full recovery. Please REST....probably the hardest task you've ever been given. ;-) It is funny, but in the past few years, I have come to the same realization as you.... I am a professional and should know better as I know I am not infallible in what I do (did) either, yet I trusted health care providers almost without question...certainly without hesitancy. That, thankfully, has changed...only took me all these decades to get here.... I think it is a microcosm of a larger societal ill actually: Just trusting things at face value and not using our God-given talents and resources to research and think for ourselves. Praying for a speedy recovery my friend. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete