Monday, July 13, 2020

Motivational Monday - "I'm Doin' It"

"I'm doin' it" yells my little grand from the bathroom as I went to get another pair of "big girl" panties.  "Look, Gab Bird!" "Yay!  You did it!" I said.  

Potty training is a process.  Cleaning a hoarded mess is a process.  Losing weight is a process.  Fill in the blank...is a process.  One thing that motivates us, true in many studies that have been done, is to speak positvity to ourselves and reward with praise.   

This potty training example and our telling her, "you can do it, good job, yay!" and of course, a treat (wink, wink - treats motivate me...) I've seen work these past few weeks.  

I caught myself saying "I'm doin' it!"  I haven't mentioned it, because I usually fail, but I've been doing Noom.  I'm down 15 pounds.  I wanted to get below this certain number for a decade and Saturday it happened.  "I'm doin' it!" I yelled to Al.  I've also been working pretty much daily on my "destashing" of my hoarded inventory and actually selling most of it.  I even dug out some "better" specialized items and sold them to a guy who will create really cool art with some of it, the rest he may ebay, but I don't care, "I'm doin' it!" I said to my daughters.  The compliments and praises really do motivate.

Don't get me wrong here, I am a positive person anyway, but truthfully I was at a VERY low place at the end of 2019 and then the Covid!  I just couldn't stay there, I had to move ahead.  I didn't know where to begin, I just put my faith in the process and took one step at a time, "I'm doin' it!"  Even when I didn't hear the praises, I said them to myself.  "You can do it!"  

So, I guess today, if you are sitting thinking, "where do I begin?" or "I can't even!" speak positivity to yourself.  "You can do it!" take one step at a time.  Just start....I know, I hated it when people would say that to me!...but, it is true.  I'm not saying it, I'm living it.  Start small, build a foundation to work from.  Keep building yourself up, one brick at a time.  If I can do this, especially from the low spot I was in, you CAN too!   I was ready to work on "me" and it's a process.....



Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


4 comments:

  1. I am thrilled that you are able to 'do it', well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! Congrats on the weight loss. It's not easy. I definitely need these motivational Monday posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah for you on doing it! I need to follow your advise. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss. Usually I naturally take some off during the summer months...but this year, not so much for some reason sigh. I stink at diets or weight management plants. Yes, praises work...and a little at a time works with destashing...or any project for that matter...but it is discouraging when some don't see the "positivity"...not what has been done, only what hasn't been. :-( ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete