Sunday, July 26, 2020

A Week of Things that Make Me Happy

I'm taking the lead of my blogging friend Sharon at https://mynewuneventfullife.blogspot.com/ and doing a week of these posts.  First, foremost, my family makes me happy, but these posts are about the "little" things that make us happy.  Go over and check out her list too.  She grew up in Ispwich, England and now lives in Michigan.  She is an amazing photographer as well.  Anyway, these posts are her idea...I just happen to love it too.



Early in the spring, long before I started planting my garden there was a lone onion coming up.  It was in the raised bed I had my onion patch in the year before, so I just let it grow.  Now it has gone to seed and made this beautiful flower head.  I hope to catch some of the seeds for an experiment in planting.  I also had several tomato plants that came up this same way.  These are called volunteers.  These must be of the hardy variety as we have such cold winters here in Wisconsin and for them to lay as seed in the dirt and then come up...that makes me happy.  

I do a lot of volunteering, I have my whole life.  It's in the genes and I've had wonderful, giving maternal mentors.   Anyway, that term vounteer had my thinking about that.  Be a plant, flower that produces good things or works and so that your seeds may produce little volunteers.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely idea. We are living in very strange times and it is nice to be reminded about the things that do make us happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know where in Michigan Sharon lives? I have a volunteer sunflower. Dont they make you smile! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here from Sharon's blog; she mentioned that you were doing the Happy Things posts, too. I've had a volunteer tomato plant, myself, this year (it has produced 4 tiny tomatoes, so far!) and several cantaloupe vines. Most of the cantaloupe vines withered when we had a 100F+ heatwave a few weeks back, but, one plant is still surviving and, today, I found a baby cantaloupe forming!

    I hadn't heard of Ringle, Wisconsin until now, but, I lived in Green Bay for 6 years, way back when! :)

    ReplyDelete