Tuesday, July 21, 2020

In the Good Ol' Summertime - R & R

This is the fictional story that follows along with this month's VIRTUAL pop up, "In the Good Ol' Summertime."  
Link HERE:  



The summer days in Three Lakes were just glorious.  "Six weeks of rest and relaxation, just what the doctor ordered," Margarite told herself.  The tiny town was bustling with tourists.  She walked nearly every day through the main street, up and around the center of town and back past the lake.  The "locals" were so friendly and helpful.  "Well, you must be Margarite, Vivian mentioned she had a house sitter for the summer."  After a few days of walking and talking, she bagan to feel a part of this little community.  "Good morning, Margarite, it's going to be a hot one today."  She hardly knew any of her neighbors in the apartment complex.  Everyone kept to their own business and rarely spoke to her.  "Now, if you want to go fishing, I'll share with you my secret spot," the shop keeper told her as she picked up a few staples.   "Oh, that sounds fun, but I've never been fishing."  Margarite hated to admit.  "Well, then we have to go" he said.  "You two go fishing and I'll prepare them for supper," his wife added.  They were a cute elderly couple.  "Oh, it will be nice to cook for someone again," she added.  "Since our children married and moved away, we've been missing visiting with the younger generation.  Isn't that right Henry?" She called to him, but he was already digging in the fishing tackle.  "It'll be nice for him to go fishing with someone too."  Henry looked up "come on back around 3:30 and we'll go," he told Maragite.  She took her groceries and headed back to the house.  

Margarite made sure to enjoy every sunny day sitting outside and working on her favorite hobbies.  "I never seem to have time to do the things I enjoy" she thought to herself.   Writing was just one of her many talents.  "My creativity is in full bloom, just like the many beautiful flowers this time of year."  Margarite was going to miss that the most.  She had a few plants in her tiny apartment, but Vivian's cottage gardens were so lovely.  "One day, when I have my own house," she said, "I will plant lovely roses and hollihocks."  "There is so much beauty here, how could I not be inspired to create."  She picked up her sewing box, kicked off her sandles and she slid comfortably in to the painted chair.  As she pulled her hair back into a ponytail, she thought of just how blessed she was to be able to spend time up north.   

"I've been so productive these past few weeks, I have accomplished almost everything on my list."  Margarite always made lists, she loved crossing things off, it must be the teacher in her.  "And, later today, I can cross off, fishing."  She was almost too excited to work on her project.  "Maybe a nap first."  

Follow along this month and maybe next, with Margarite's story.  All the items in the photos and more will be featured for sale in the event (link above).  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

2 comments:

  1. Love this! That sewing box reminds me of one Mum bought me years ago one year when she came to visit.

    ReplyDelete