Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Laying Low in Blogland

O.K., so it's not just me.  I had a sneaky suspicion that something was going on in blogland.  It's been pretty quiet from some of my favorite bloggers.  I read a post today from one that said, "I've been laying low."  I couldn't have said it better!

I haven't posted much on here either.  I came off a big year of page views and some blog recognition - it's too hard to keep that up, seriously!  So, I haven't...I did enjoy it all...but, blogging like that is a full time job!  I have read this from bloggers over the years, but thought, that will never happen to me, I love writing and sharing.  LOL  I still do!

Remember my word of the year?  Embrace  Well, I didn't know how much that would be my mantra and not necessarily for the good.   

For those who have been around awhile, I had to embrace the loss of 2 of my pets, friends really.  Pumpkin our 18 year old barn cat and Martha my 8 year old hen.  They each hold a special place in my heart.  We laid them to rest in our little pet cemetery near the garden.  



I still have a life goal of writing a book about Martha the Independent Hen.  Lord willing I can do it.  

We have some other old friends here....so if I need to embrace I will.  For the record, I'm picking a better word next year!  I still have 6 months to hopefully embrace some successes...LOL.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

4 comments:

  1. I have noticed the same thing, not much going on in Blog Land :)
    Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time here. So sorry to read about: Pumkin and Martha. Keep writing. It's good for you and I love to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad about your friends Martha and Pumpkin. Hope you keep writing too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so difficult to lose these sweet friends. Our two kitties came into our lives just as our 17 year old cat was winding down. It was such a blessing than when Tuppence died, there were sweet kitties here to need our attention. There are many times when I need to take a break from blogging and it just works that way. We all need to take it easy at times.

    ReplyDelete