Friday, June 16, 2017

Five on Friday - Happy Things

Five things that made me happy this week:

1.  I found this vintage dress at Junk Jubilee in Des Moines, Iowa.  I wore it to a community wide church service in Wittenberg.  I was happy to find a vintage dress that fit me.  (smile).



2.  We had some very severe thunderstorms here in Wisconsin this week.  Our 18 year old barn cat, Midnight, loves to lay on the porch all day.  When it started to get dark, the wind blowing, I looked out the door and everything on the porch was blowing around - including Midnight.  So, I brought her inside to weather the storm.    



3.  I went on an appointment to meet with an elderly couple who sold their farm and wanted advice on their personal property.   After 3 hours of sharing and visiting, I realized this was again a "God" thing as we made connections of life experiences, mutual friends and values.  When I returned with Al to help me pick up some larger items, we were greeted with..."Boy, do you have quite the woman."  To which Al replies..."ya, quite the woman"...(thinking on all the loads of treasures I have at home I'm sure).  Either way, I've teased him with that statement for the past 2 days!  

4.  We went on a day trip yesterday and stopped at a rummage sale on a back road, it was an Amish sale.  There were cars and buggies in the yard.  I smiled and said "good morning" to a group of little boys sitting on the back of their buggy...I was greeted with the same.  Cute!

5.  On our little trip, we passed a few things that caught our attention - after the last one, Al says, "I think we are in 'redneck's vile'"  Oh how I laughed, he never says things like this.  However, he was right, those things were redneckish!  

I hope each of you found plenty of things that made you happy this past week.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin. 

Linked to:  http://www.fastblog.es/2017/06/five-photos-five-on-friday.html

8 comments:

  1. Lovely that you had such a sweet visit with the older couple. Love the vintage dress find! Rummage sales are also such fun. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of your cat looking out the window. Glad you didn't let the kitty cat be blown away in the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is awesome. We re probably getting your storms this weekend here in Michigan. So glad Midnight is safe. I always worry about the outside animals in storms. Have a great weekend . janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jacky. It's good to visit you for Five on Friday Meetup. Your life sounds interesting. The vintage dress is a lovely colour and is perfect for a special occasion. Wishing you another good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's always good for our menfolk to be reminded how blessed they are in us! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new dress is perfect on you. That electric blue makes you happy - I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice dress! The color is so mooi diep blauw (beautiful deep blue).

    ReplyDelete
  8. apologies for me being so late to get round to visiting, thank you for taking part in Five on Friday with us :) hope you have a wonderful weekend x

    ReplyDelete