Sunday, November 27, 2016

Vintage Christmas Memories


My business, Town Hall Trinkets, LLC, is a resale business.  I specialize in estate "buy outs" - that is where a majority of my inventory comes from.  After 25 years of doing this, you can imagine I have come across some pretty neat items.  

As I was digging for some Christmas resale in my storage pole building (54' x 45'), I came across a box full of cool items.  I must have packed all the Christmas I "liked" in one box over the years, because I really like all of it.  After looking at the items, I was thinking about all the different decades of Christmas decorations.  

I remember all the shiny brite ornaments, silver "tinsel," spay cans of flocking snow, felt cardinals (my mom made), these and other handmade ones on our tree.  As I sifted through the box, I was thinking how many Christmas trees did these ornaments adorn?  What memories were made by their just hanging there?  This is part of  my hoarding problem, I tend to personalize items that weren't even mine.  

So, this had me thinking, what was your favorite childhood ornament or memory of a tree?  Please leave a comment and let me know.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment