Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wednesday Hodge Podge Questions

Wednesday Hodge Podge (From This Side of The Pond, Linked to:  http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/2016/06/a-berry-nice-hodgepodge.html)



1. Tell us about one fun thing on your June calendar.

I am going to run my first 5K at 50.  It's on my list of 50 things to do before I'm 50.



2. How careful are you in the sun? Do you tan or burn? Do you make it a point to see the dermatologist every year?

No I'm not.  I mostly tan.  No I've never been to the dermatologist.


3.  Describe a time when you wanted to 'throw in the towel'.

I hate to admit defeat or ask for help, so therefore I usually almost "kill myself" to complete tasks.


4.  What's a song you love that has a day of the week in the title or lyrics? 

Manic Monday by the Bangles


5.  Are you a fan of berries? Which one's your favorite? What's the most recent berry dish you've eaten? Which blueberry breakfast food appeals to you most-blueberry pancakes, blueberry yogurt, or a blueberry muffin? 

Yes, I love all berries.  Raspberry.  Raspberry pie.  Blueberry muffin.


6.  What's something you want to do before your next birthday?

Well, I've been working on a list "50 things to do before I'm 50"  I will be 50 in  few days - so, I've completed many of these with several to do yet in the next month or so. 


7.  June 1st is National Say Something Nice Day, so let's all say something nice here.

These have been fun questions, thanks for hosting this hop.  I can't remember the last time I joined in.  

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I normally am very optimistic, however the other day I mentioned to someone that I was going to be 50.  Then I said..."I guess I have lived more years than I have left."  It hit me...I probably have.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  


3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you today through the Hodgepodge. I think it is great that you made a list of things you want to do before 50 and are checking them off. Have a great rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you and your list! Congrats on doing the 5K! I'm halfway through my 50's now and they're not bad. I do feel like I've had to deal with a whole lot more in the way of health maintenance than at any other time, but I guess that's to be expected. I didn't feel too stressed about the 5-0, but think 6-0 might be another story : ) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did 1 5K in the Georgia mountains; it was my last! :) That's awesome that you're doing it.
    The 50's are fantastic! Best decade of my life so far. ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete