Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 26 - Cranberry Drop Cookies

Cookie of the Week - Week 26 - Cranberry Drop Cookies


Cranberry Drop Cookies:

1/2 C shortening
1 C white sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
Cream together

Mix together and add to creamed mixture,
3/4 C milk
2 T orange juice
1 egg

Add, 
3 1/2 C flour (you may need a bit more)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. soda
Mix well, add

1 C chopped walnuts
2 1/2 C ground fresh cranberries

If dough is too wet, add a bit more flour 



Did you know, Wisconsin is top cranberry producer?  I LOVE cranberries and they are so good for you!

The dough will be a pretty pink, however this picture doesn't show it.  The cookies are soft, biscuit like.  


Bake 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  I made a simple powdered sugar frosting, added red food color and topped with ground walnuts.  

The plate the cookies are on was made by my friend Sue Janz.  She sold it at her rummage sale - I love it!  



With this week - I'm half way to my goal of 52 cookies for my "52 Weeks of Cookies" cookbook.  It's been on my list for over 3 years...I want to finish as one of my 50 things to do before I'm 50.  So get ready for cookie posts.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

1 comment:

  1. The cookies look delicious, Jacky! Wisconsin is good for growing a lot of yummy food! I'm even trying to find ways to enjoy wild rice! Cranberries are my favorite dried fruit! My Mom makes a delicious fresh cranberry salad for the holidays, so I guess us Southern folk are not so weird after all!
    I think that's a great idea, to have such a goal before you're 50! I would definitely love to purchase one of your cookbooks! Have a wonderful week! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete