Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Blue Cupboard

While thrifting in Milwaukee this past weekend, I found this old step back cupboard.  It was way in the back and marked down.  I could see the potential.




We were driving around in Anna's tiny car, so we had to go back later in the day and pick it up with my van.  It almost didn't fit.  

I thought I would paint it black, distress and wax it.  So, yesterday, I got out my orbital sander and started to prep the piece for painting.  As I started peeling back the layers, the white and cream layers started to show - it was looking cool.  I thought of an old pair of blue jeans...soft, worn in all the right ways.  I really liked it.  I don't like painted pieces that look "too perfect."  I love all the imperfections of this "knock down" style. 





In repurposing, sometimes you have to let the piece just be...this old cupboard was saying..."I want to be left blue."  I'm glad I listened as I really like how it turned out.   This will be for sale at my next pop up..."It's all a Rave - Holiday Pop Up Sale" - November 13 & 14.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

Linked to:  http://www.mysalvagedtreasures.com/2015/11/vintage-inspiration-party.html


http://www.patinaparadise.com/2015/11/fridays-furniture-fix-15.html


2 comments:

  1. Yes… the pieces do talk to you and I am so glad you listened to this one. It looks amazing with the white peaking out from under the blue. Would love it if you shared it at Friday's Furniture Fix! http://www.patinaparadise.com/2015/11/fridays-furniture-fix-15.html The party is open from Thursday night to Monday night. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacky! Hope ya'll had a great Thanksgiving! The piece is beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete