Monday, March 16, 2015

Motivational Monday - Welcome Spring

We have been treated to some really nice weather here in Marathon County, Wisconsin.  It has been in the 50's for daytime highs and low 20's overnights.  Perfect temps for maple syrup time.  Many of my family and friends have tapped their trees and the sap is running.  I love seeing the pails or bags hanging from the trees this time of year.  Maple syrup production is a large part of Wisconsin's agricultural contribution to the rest of the United States and beyond.  

We still have some snow on the ground, but for the most part our yard and fields are clear.  I saw my first Robin on Friday morning.  The Kestrels are back to their nesting box/house attached to our barn.  We love having them here each year.  The fields and woods must provide plenty of other prey as they seem to leave my chickens alone.   




My hens have been giving me an increased supply of eggs.  Martha has picked a fight with the cats that have taken over "her" bench on our porch.  So far, the cats have won.  She was clucking up a storm, but they did not move.   I'm sure she will find another hiding place, I have to keep watching her.  

I spent most of the day Saturday, cleaning and organizing my shop/studio.  I have been digging out inventory and this was getting messy.  I am teaching a class Friday night and a 4-H project meeting Saturday, now the area is all clean and ready to go.  I am so happy - I've wanted to have a work area in here for years.  I have had it empty and clean numerous times over the past 1o years, but it tends to be my dumping ground.  Not any more - I LOVE it now and am actually excited to work out there!    

I know it is March, I live in Wisconsin, so I'm sure we will have a few more snow showers before I can say Spring is officially here, but I am enjoying this now.   

Warmer and longer days sure can motivate me.  I love Spring's promise of rebirth and renewal.  The activity around our farm is an indicator that nature is motivated as well.    


Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin




5 comments:

  1. Hi Jacky! So glad Spring has sprung there! That's a great feat to accomplish! Getting your studio organized and set up. That's how I felt when I organized my room upstairs! It's so nice to work out there now! We are definitely having Spring here! 70's yesterday, today, and tomorrow! It's actually hot in the sun! Must be nice to get all that yummy maple syrup! I am enjoying mine very much! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you've had such warm temps and melts already! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont you just love the wake up of spring ? I am so enjoying the sight and sound of my favorite spring bird here the Robin . Spring has sprung here mostly as well we have a big melt down now and a mucky muddy mess and other birds have returned and temps are warm and the sun is shining and well I am just loving it all ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that Spring has sprung here too. Snow has melted, so so nice.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today was the first day that I received an egg from each one of my chickens in a very long time ;-) Trying not to get too excited, as Spring isn't quite here for us either. Have a great week!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete