Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My First "Senior" Moment

I say "senior" moment in a nice way...really...  I don't consider myself a senior, nor do I even act my own age.... :)  However, Al and I did something that we are calling our first "senior" moment.  

I'm the type of person who double and triple checks things like:  did I turn off the stove, lights, lock the door, close the gates or close the barn doors.  I do this, because at times I haven't....and have come home to our horses eating grass in our front yard.  I have been known to turn around and go back home or to Renee's farm to reassure myself, yet again, that I did do what I thought.  Anyway, I hate that when it happens and I know it bugs my family to have me ask..."did we...".  So, I've been trying not to double and triple check things.    

We took all of our coats, some blankets, hunting clothes, Carhart bibs, snow pants to the laundry mat.  Why stress our well already.  We actually did 10 loads - 2 were in the 55# washers.  We filled like 14 driers.  As we carried the clean items to the car, I said to Al..."did we get everything...he said YES...but, if you need to go in and check..."  I thought, no I'm sure we got everything..."  We got in the car and he says "we probably have too many coats anyway.."  

So, off we went, to the grocery store, to my Mom's to drop off her groceries, back home, did p.m. chores, made homemade pizzas....hours had passed.  We sit down to watch something..."hey Al, that person has a coat like mine, you know, the one we washed today...wait, I don't remember putting it in the drier, do you?"  We checked the closet, all the baskets - no coat.  I think we left one of the 55# washers full.  We had to run all the way back to town at 8:20 p.m.  I had no idea if those items would still be there.  

We were happy that they were, as that washer had his Carhart jump suits - some from that Goodwill by the pound store I posted about.  How did we even forget this?  We were laughing at ourselves as we filled another 3 driers.  

I think now, when I ask "did we..." maybe, we should just go and check again.   



Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin. 

4 comments:

  1. I have done the same thing, so don't feel badly... "senior moments".

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great old washer.

    oy! just double triple check from now on! good save!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacky! So glad your stuff was still there! God kept it safe for you! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete