Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Our Entry - January Decorations - Thrifty Finds

I like to decorate this small dry sink in my entry for each season.  January here in Wisconsin is snow and cold.  What better items to put out than snowmen.  I purchased the little resin Lang snoman from Goodwill after Christmas for $1.49.  He is cute and his scarf matches the little hand made runner I picked up from a consignment shop in November.




The lamp was given to me by my mother-in-law many years ago and I still really like it.  The two framed prints were a real steal at an auction I went to this past Fall.  The one is signed.  They were in a huge box of other folk art prints - most I have already sold at Grand Repeats.




The little stool is a reproduction - but I bought it for only $3 at one of the Country Fresh Flea Markets.



The picture hanging up is my new favorite.  It is a Winter farm scene.  It too is signed and 20/25 - I think this might be a local artist - not sure.  I just bought this at Goodwill for $14.99.  I LOVE it!



This print is like many old farms here in Marathon County, Wisconsin.  I only wish I could go dig in that old house and barns.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment