Thursday, August 16, 2012

Jealous and Spoiled...Not me!


I saw this on pinterest and had to write a post about it.  I'm the baby in a family of 6.  My closest sibling is 7 years older.  I was the baby and treated like one.  My mom did spoil me as she knew I would be her last.  Don't get me wrong....I truly enjoyed it!

My mom babysat for a 2 little girls, who were just a bit older than me.  I was jealous of my mom's relationship with these 2 girls.  If only I knew then that their real mama left them with their dad and he was a single parent.  My mom was only showing them some mama love that they needed.  I truly was a terrible kid.  I hate to admit it now...but, it was true. 

Roxanne was in kindergarten (half days then) and my mom made us lunch.  It was french toast.  I was mad because Roxanne could eat more french toast than I could.  I can still see her face gobbling up all the french toast.  I don't know what came over me, but I had the fork in my mouth and flipped the end of the fork and it flew in the air and stuck in Roxanne's forehead.  Like I said...I was rotten.  She screamed and my mom came running over - the fork still stuck in Roxanne's forehead.  My mom pulled it out and there were 4 bloody hole marks.  This all just minutes before the bus came.  Roxanne was crying.  I don't know how my Mom stood me some days!

I can't even justify this behavior.  God is a jealous God...he created us with that emotion.  I've learned to curb it somewhat...but, my crazy sometimes wins.

Blessings from Wisconsin.
Post a Comment