Thursday, February 16, 2012

Do A Grouch a Favor Day

 

In my listing for interesting February facts – today is “Do A Grouch a Favor Day.”  That is a funny day to celebrate.  Fortunately, I do NOT surround myself with those I feel qualify as a grouch.  However, I Love Oscar the Grouch

300px-Oscar_the_Grouch_3[1]

from Sesame Street – is he still on there?  It’s been so long since I’ve watched it.  I heard they changed Cookie Monster – now that is sad!

Today, I went “to town” and stopped at Dime and Dollar and Bethesda – before I went in to the antique store I sell at.  I will say that I did see some grouches – unhappy, grumpy and complaining about something not being a pink tag and 1/2 off. 

I always smile – always have.  When I was little, the neighbor lady called me “sunshine.”  In fact, if you watch “Little Miss Sunshine” – the 4 eyed chubby little girl – kind of looked like me too. 

People don’t always know what to do with a smile – I know, I’ve observed responses to mine.  I ALWAYS smile – even when I don’t necessarily feel happy.  The bible says, “let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your father which is in heaven”    

My nephew (now 30) when he was little, if he saw that you looked sad – he would say “smile, Jesus is God” that made even the biggest grouch smile. 

So, if you see a grouch today – do them a favor – even if it is only a smile.

Blessings from Wisconsin.

3 comments:

  1. .....I might have been the grouch today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always say, my greatest gift is the smile i inherited from my mother. and i try to use it often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacky,
    This is Ashley from church.
    I have a blog at http://godsgirlz1.wordpress.com

    ~Godsgirlz1

    ReplyDelete