Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Week 1 Old Fashioned Cookies - Jumbo Chocolate Chip


I thought this year I would try to post a cookie recipe each week.  I love old cookbooks and have several.  I would like to try some of these old favorites and share them with you.
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
100_1475
4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks softened)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbs. vanilla
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
*Heat oven to 375.  Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt in bowl, set aside.
*Combine butter, sugars, beat at medium speed until creamy.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Scrape down sides often.  Gradually add flour mixture until well mixed.
*Stir in chips by hand. 
NOTE:  This dough is crumbly – not wet.  I used an ice cream scoop 3/4 full and made a ball of dough and flattened on lightly sprayed pan.  Bake 12 – 14 minutes.  Makes 3 doz. large cookies.  Do NOT overbake – as they will be chewy.
100_1472
I started with these – as they are one of my favorites!
Blessings from Wisconsin.
Linked to: 

Growing Home




3 comments: