Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Right Tool for the Job

 

We live on a hobby farm in northcentral Wisconsin.  I am a folk artist and antique dealer.  We repurpose “junk” and create all kinds of “art”.  In both cases, we have learned to use the right tool for the job.

Without fail, hot sunny day, cutting hay – something is going to break down.  I can’t tell you how many times we have had to walk all the way back to the pole building or garage to get the right tool.  Even with a well stocked tractor tool box, the tool you need isn’t in there. 

Without fail, out in my studio, hands full of paper mache’, paint or varnish – I’m going to need a tool that I don’t have.  I will then have to stop, and look for what it is I need. 

100_1514

100_1515

100_1516

Life too is like that.  Sometimes you might get “thrown a curve ball” and not have the right tool to handle it.  I’m sure we all can think of situations in our lives when we had that happen.   Parenting requires many tools too. 

I know where the answer is, my tool is the Bible.

100_1518

100_1517

Scripture tells me: 

“Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of the world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feel shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”  Ephesians 6: 10-17 (KJV)

The right tool for living – the Bible – the word of God.

Blessings from Wisconsin.

Linked to:

 

6 comments:

  1. Well blessing from Wisconsin to you too. I found you on my sister Darla's site ~ and thought I'd pop on in. Enjoyed the visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen....
    Yes, Dana is my niece as well as her sis Shannon who has a day care in the outskirts of Ringle.
    Their Mom is Cher of Chershots and Mel, last comment, are my sisters, thus, their Aunts.
    It sure is a small world the Lord has landed us all in. Amazing.
    BlessYourHeart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posting, dear..
    We sure do need the Bible so much more than ever..
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I am quite sure I’ll learn a lot of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
    PRO-ONE BILLET FUEL DOOR, '08-UP HARLEY-DAVIDSON FL TOURING, SMOOTH, BLACK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing superb informations. Your website is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched everywhere and simply could not come across. What a great website.
    La Canadienne Women's Felicia Boot

    ReplyDelete