Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Patriotic Chairs–God Bless America

484

I was asked by my friend to paint some chairs she had.  She wanted them painted like one she had purchased years ago, but with my “twist” on it.  Here is the before picture. 

008

Here is the after.  I washed the chairs, painted them with Americana acrylic paints, dry brushed to age the paint, applied an antique medium to really age them and finally applied the poly finish.

007

 

Here is a close up of the dry brush stage….

005

 

The picture below is at the acrylic stage only, before my “antique” layers.

003

My friend was pleased with how they turned out.  I liked them too.  Now I will have to paint me some too.  Blessings from Wisconsin!


Funky Junk Interiors

5 comments:

  1. they are wonderful!!! i love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,... the chairs are awesome:-)
    Such a wonderful job...
    By the way, our son and his family are in Wisconsin staying with a couple who used to live here in New Brunswick...
    Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chairs are awesome! You are a 'gal' of many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by today and for the comment too :) I LOVE the way you painted the chairs.........they look great!!

    ReplyDelete