Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Some of our "Farm Friends"

Here are a few pictures of some of our "farm friends"  This is Pumpkin.  She is probably 10 years old.  She is one of our barn cats.  My daughter, Anna, named her that because of her big eyes.


In a previous post, I mentioned that our 4-H friends have Angus beef cows.  They have won at national, regional, state and many local shows.  They even have the title of  "Best of..at World Beef Expo."  Anyway, last year, one of their cows rejected her calf.  It was a bull calf and needed to be bottle fed.  They know I LOVE babies and bottle feeding, so they gave him to me.  I named him Romeo because he is such a little lover.  Now, I might have a problem at butchering time....


We have 2 daughters and they each have a horse.  This black quarter horse belongs to Justine. His name is Jack.



This brown quarter horse is Peppy.  He belongs to Anna.  Peppy actually was Anna's Make a Wish.  She was blessed with having her wish granted by Stark Family (they own car dealerships) and they also provided her with the tack, 1 year of vet cares, 3 months of riding lessons, 1 year of farrier hoof trimming.  She loves him, even though he can be naughty at times.  She really has worked alot with him and they seem to understand and respect each other.  It took a while, but she does good on him.


Blessings from Wisconsin!




4 comments:

  1. We are blessed to have such wonderful friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkins eyes LOOK like a Jack-o-Lantern :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through a comment on Dr. Momi.
    I am a little further south in WI but still considered NE or NC. The east part of central?
    You have beautiful animals.
    I'll have to read your post about fly eliminators.

    ReplyDelete