Friday, September 25, 2026

Farm House Friday - Week 38 Cleaning out Garden

 

We had a stretch of some beautiful days.  I should be getting ready for my big flea market event Ringle Harvest Day because I am so far behind.  The heart wanted to do something different.  I've noticed this lately, my heart is wanting to do .... different things.  Things I've been too busy for in recent years.  My heart was into this, this summer, every morning, out to the wildflower field.  My scooter made a path.  


I had an idea for next year, so Al took out the old lawnmower and started mowing down another path.  


Can't wait until next year's wild flower walk.


I wanted to cut back my flowers, I made it work with the scooter and a laundry basket.  My scooter pushed the basket along.  It wasn't the most efficient way, but I did it in a way I could still do it.  My heart is into finding new ways to do what I love. 


Sleeping bee on a snapdragon.  I only cleaned out the flowers that were done.  I always leave the flower heads for the birds for late fall early winter feedings.  I also like "volunteers" in the spring.  Free flowers.  

Al cut back all the peonies.  They are so big now, that next year I'm going to have to get someone to help Al move my cement pig and holstein calf.  I have an idea for the other side of this, the side that faces the garden.  


As I was cutting things back, I thought some of these things need to be used.  So, I made a found and gathered fall arrangement.  I grabbed a galvanized pail and filled it.  I found a cute bird's nest to add too.  


This is wild, natural and free.  I LOVE it.  It reminded me of when my girls were in car seats and I would drive along all these rural roads and gather all kinds of dried weeds for my craft shows.  I made all kinds of things like this in antique containers over the years.  However, I haven't for many years.  My heart was definitely into this.  I may not be able to do it all, but boy I sure can do it small.  


Two Tuesdays a month, we have ladies Bible study at a coffee shop in Hatley, where my store or office is located.  Al has been dropping me off and I have been using my scooter to go to work after.  My friend, Lisa, took a picture of my driving on the road.  She gave me this idea, to post it, "with the gas prices."  


 It wasn't all play and no work.  We went out in the big pole building and started pulling stuff out.  Truthfully, I made good decisions on tossing, recycling and burning.  I had a picture of the burn stuff, but thought if I post that, someone will say "I'll take it."  I would "take it" too, but I need room.  We saved drawer pulls, drawers and such, so not a total loss.   While digging, sorting, there was an old wallet.  It looked empty, but experience has taught me to look anyway.  Well, folded up in a little pocket of this men's wallet was this $2.  I can not tell you how much money over the years I've found in estate buyouts.  Please, when your loved one dies....don't toss it all with out looking.   

Planning on doing more sorting, digging today.  Al will pull over the items I want to sell at the flea to my studio/old shop area.  I will be washing and making all weekend and into next week.  

What are your plans for the weekend?  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment