Friday, May 12, 2023

Farmhouse Friday - May 12, 2023

 Good Morning!

How are you?  How was your week?  

I'm going to a tea today with my daughters and grands.  I'm so excited!  We have a tea house, believe it or not, here, as in within 10 miles from my farm.  Here is a link to her page:  Johanna May's Fine Teas.  We have been many times and really enjoy it.

Monday, my friend Renee shared with me dozens of plants and flowers she started from seed.  I took Lauren with me to pick them up and she was able to meet the horses her mama and auntie Anna use to take care of.   Renee's yard and garden are amazing!  

I did some baking....



And, why wouldn't I?!?  I have a ton of stuff I should do...but, baking was more fun!  And that much melted butter....come'on!


We went down to visit Jon, Anna and Ezra and grandpa helped put up the play set.  I walked around, visited with Peppy (her childhood horse) the sheep and the little chicks.  I also played in the sandbox with Ezra and watched them work (wink).  


We put the idea into motion - Luetschwager Family Reunion and had Olivia (great grand) make postcards using this photo of the Luetschwager homestead.  This is located in Ringle.  To the right of all those trees and down a bit (as the crow flies), is where we live.  The house is still there and my friend Kim lives there.  However, the rest is a subdivision and no longer a farm.

I may not have mentioned it, but I'm having surgery on my thumb.  So, I've been doing LOTS of doctoring the past several weeks.  This week had my doing a stress test at the cardiologist office.  I will share some little funnies from this visit.  As, you all know 7's need to make "light" of even "laugh" in EVERY situation.  It's how we cope!  

So, I bought a "new" pair of cheap tennis shoes from Aldi's (ya, Aldi's) because ALL of my other shoes....well....have "farm" on them.  So, I had to be at the office at 7:45 am, the ground was wet from dew and I did...run over to the chicken coop to open it before I left.  So, as I lay down on the table, I say "I'm not sure how clean my shoes are" and the nurse says, "that's o.k."  She proceeds to put in an IV for the dye and asks "are you familiar with the treadmill."  (HA!) I say "look at me, do you think I'm familiar with the treadmill!"  Oh, she laughed!  Then, the ultra sound guy comes it to hook up all the cords and asks me to roll over and move to the middle of the table.  It's hard for me to do either of those things with my weak back and leg, but as I was doing it, I grabbed his arm.  He said, "you are not going to fall, you're not that big."  (now was this a compliment? haha!)  Then we go over to the treadmill, up hill, going faster....have you seen me walk lately, I don't do faster.  As I'm hanging on for dear life, she says "relax" What?!?  Needless to say, we didn't go as high or as fast as I'm sure they wanted to, but I did it.  So, she says "quick, jump back on the table...."hey, I don't do fast!"....with guidance (teehee) I was put on the table and rolled over....I'm laughing as I'm typing...I hope I was the worst case they had all day.   As they are checking the monitors and doing my blood pressure checks, I happen to see "dirt" on the floor behind the treadmill.  "Did I do that?!  I'm sorry!  Good thing that's only chicken shit, because as fast as you had my going, you're lucky I didn't fall and then you'd be cleaning up a brown streak from off that treadmill."  Oh, they all were laughing....  The nurse had to keep checking my blood pressure like every minute as he did the ultrasound.  She asks me "what are your plans for the rest of the day?"  I said, "well, I'm doing an estate sale and I plan to work over at that house all day."  She asks, "what is the name of your business" (eek, no one knows me, there are so many other businesses in the area, why bother...but I told her).   "Town Hall Trinkets" and she says "are you that lady from Ringle?"  What the what...she knows me!  "I follow your page."  Oh my goodness.  I mean I'm still a big no body, but that body knew me.  Ahahah!  

Speaking of selling stuff....this event is a week away!  I finally NOW can start getting ready.  I mean, I know what anchor pieces I will bring, I still have to dig them out and have Al help to load them, but as far as smalls and marking, I'm just starting.  I know I am a procrastinator, but it works for me.  I designate days and times of day to do different things, I clear my calendar just for that one thing I need do.  Don't get me wrong, I plan and think about events long before.  But the actual working on them, not until they are within a week or 2 of the event.  It's how I roll.

We have a Mother's Day service at the Wittenberg Community Center - FREE chicken dinner.  If you live close, feel free to come.  

I hope you all have a nice weekend.  Happy Mother's day too.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

  


8 comments:

  1. i would LOVE to have a tea house close to home and we don't. we use to but it closed during Covid.

    your treadmill story was very funny, i laughed out loud!! i had a stress test once, well not really, because i fell of the treadmill as soon as they turned it on. tried again with the same result. i told them that would happen...

    so then they made me have a nuclear stress test, what a nightmare.

    i love your mixing bowls!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad about the tea house. Oh my, my sister had to have a nuclear one too because of treadmill issues, she said it was horrible. Thanks. The spatterware bowl is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the laugh Jacky! One time when we were in Florida we visited a tea room. It was fun and the decor was all Victorian. Such a shame your family farm is now a subdivision. Happy Mother's Day! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Town is getting closer each day. Yes, granny Luetschwager must be rolling in her....well, you know what I mean. In all honesty, our daughter makes better scones. He dream is to open one maybe one day.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha...you sound like me - much more fun to bake than do what really needs doing. Sorry about all the health issues and hope none are hugely serious and the surgery goes well. Hope you don't miss our month and a half of summer. 🤣 I didn't know there was a tea house in the area...hmmm, might have to check it out. And Tansy Hill next week already??! Yikes! I would love to go but doubt I will make it. Have a great weekend. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thumb tendon is shot. It won't fold down or grip anything. So, I was living with it, but I am dropping stuff now. Tansy, is here already! There is a greenhouse around the corner from her place now. It's a young family that bought out Springer Family Acres and moved the greenhouses to their farm. It's called The Flower Trough, LLC. I haven't been yet, but saw photos, it's decorated so nicely!

      Delete
  4. Too funny about the chicken poop incident! I have to check my shoes before I go anywhere. I usually try to wear only one pair of shoes or boots in the chicken yard, but sometimes I’m in a rush and forget. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to do that too. Try is the key word...ahaha

      Delete