Monday, September 23, 2019

Motivational Monday - Not What I Can't, But What I Can Do

This thought just came to me this morning.  I am sitting here, pen and paper, making my lists, drinking my coffee asking the Lord...."how am I going to do all this?"  And this comes to me....I don't have to.  Do I try to, yes!  But, it won't be the end of the world if I don't get it all accomplished like I want it to be.  In fact, I've been letting go and building on this concept a little, by little over the past year.  

I don't need to share my "list" with you, nor tell you what I feel I can't accomplish for this to be a Motivational Monday post for you too.  The motivational part of this concept is to focus on what you can do, not what you can't.  

I can't rock climb the face of a mountain, but I can go on a short hike up the side.  I can't plant an acre garden anymore, but I can have a smaller one.  I can't keep up walking with my friend at a flea market, but I can catch up to her.  I can't, I can't, I can't....nope, I can, I can, I can.  

My problem lies in me, I set some pretty lofty goals for myself.  We all should set goals, however we need to understand that sometimes they don't get met or they turn out differently.  Do you stop setting them?  No, you focus on what you can do, not what you can't.  

My problems lies in me, I think people will think less of me or even judge me if I don't do the things I said I could do or like I use to do them.  Then this thought comes to me...."only you can let you feel this way, or not feel this way" and "life is only as hard as you make it."  Two of my favorite quotes from two of my favorite people - my mom and Al (my husband).  

Now I'm back to what I can do.  There it is....my positive attitude...where have you been...missy....lol.

I'm laughing over here...

So, listen, you may think "I can't (fill in the blank)," but, push that to the side and think about "I can do (fill in the blank)."  You know, often times the "can't" is a blessing and our "can" is a better option.  I have found that to be so true over and over in my life.  

So, with all of this said....heehee....for my local followers, friends and customers.....I have a change in plans for my "It's Got to 'Leaf' - Vintage PopHop" for this Saturday, September 28 from 9-1.  The sale will be at Lisa's, Caretaker's Cottage, farm.  The address is 175885 Mission Lake Rd.  (GPS - 7163 Mission Lake Rd.).  She has enough room for me to set up down by her in the barn.  So, we hope to see you all there.  Here is the link to the event:  https://www.facebook.com/events/422337535049836/


I can't have a sale here, but I can set up at Lisa's farm.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.



4 comments:

  1. I love this post Jacky! I too "suffer" from taking on too much, you should see my house. And the older I get the more monumental these tasks seem to me. Thank you for your message today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are always able to do something if not everything. Valuable words today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was close enough to visit you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't do lists anymore and just do what I can on a daily basis. It works for me and if something does not get done, there is always tomorrow or even the next day. Good luck with your sale! Janice

    ReplyDelete