Monday, September 16, 2019

Motivational Monday - It's Free

Do you love FREE things?  Well, sometimes, free comes with strings attached.   I don't like that kind of free.  My post today is about something that happened to me at the Fall Market Saturday.  

My being a vendor was rather last minute.  So, I just filled my van with tubs, that I have stacked and ready to go.   I was mindful to my set up and had designated $1 and 1/2 off tables on the side of my booth.  Most of this inventory has had it's moment to sell, so as I unpacked the tubs, I put those items that I really wanted to be rid of on one of those tables.   

In my years of experience, people love $1 tables.  I did a mix of actual dollar items along with some nice antiques that had to go.  Same with the 1/2 off table.  I was pleasantly surprised to see my regularly priced items clear out as well.  (wink, wink).   As the day progressed, I kept adding things to one of those tables and as 2 pm rolled around, my whole booth was 1/2 off.   I came with a full van, the kind where you can't see out the back window, to leaving with 2 tubs and a few chairs.  

We started to pack up around 3:30 and I made my $1 table FREE.  As I started boxing it up, a lady came over and said, "I'll take it all" - yay!  Her daughter backed up their van and she took it.  As we visited, I was just talking, being me....and her daughter says...."you know, you have the best personality for this type of job."  Aww....I said, "Thanks, but we all need to let our light shine in whatever we are doing."  Her mom says "amen!"  


So, how is this personal story motivating, you may ask.  Well, it is motivating as in, you should figure out what "baggage" you have in your life, reduce it, try to cut it 1/2 off and by all means let it go for FREE when it's time!  This, my friends, can be applied to many of life's situations.  You feel hurt, are you bitter, do you hold resentment....whatever your baggage is...set out a $1 and 1/2 off table....emotionally.  Open up those tubs of feelings, you can do it.....it's a #knowyourtruth kind of thing.  You have a right to feel however you want, but keep in mind, you also can give yourself the gift of letting it go.  In doing so, you will be doing "right" by yourself.  Best part, It's FREE!  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

4 comments:

  1. I love this. I learned to get rid of baggage a while ago when my bitterness toward people that hurt me was doing me more hard than those who wronged me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog posts! They always seem to come just when I need them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Post...For Me In Order To Let Go Of What Was Upsetting Me The Most..I First Had To Let Go Of Someone I Really Liked A lot..And That Aways Hurts..But I Just Had To Move Forward..I Didn't Want To Give Up..I Was Forced To Give Up..

    ReplyDelete