Sunday, October 1, 2017

October - My Favorite Time of Year

I love October, crisp air, colorful trees, crunchy leaves, pumpkins and of course, the Ringle Harvest Day:  http://ringleharvestday.blogspot.com/

October is a busy month for me.  The Ringle Harvest Day started 21 years ago....21!...here at our farm.  At that first sale, I had a garage full of auction extra goodies.  My sister Lynn and my friend Lisa set up in the driveway and on my porch.  I remember I had this bear skin rug hanging on the porch - oh, how I wish I wouldn't have sold that...anyway...from that small beginning, it has grown into over 100 vendors.  We outgrew my yard and insurance coverage (smile), so we moved it to the "downtown" part of Ringle in 2005.  From that move on to this year we have grown.  I think the estimate for attendance last year was over 5,000.  I don't know, it's a free event and is supported by the whole community.  I do know it was a beautiful day and very busy.  We have had great days even in the snow...this is Wisconsin...it happens.  Pray that it doesn't this year, please.

For my "picker" blogging friends....this is a great place to shop!  We have a wide variety of vendors with a wide variety of stuff.  Come on out to Ringle, we are 12 miles east of Wausau, a bit over an hour west of Green Bay and we are just off Hwy 29.  

The event is always the 2nd Saturday in October - this year, October 14th.  We start at 9, but truthfully, there are shoppers with flashlights and wagons in the dark.  By 9 some of the die hard pickers have taken a load back to their trucks.  I don't even get to see what is there....but, that's O.K. I have my own booth that is usually getting picked ...thanks!





Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.    


1 comment: