Wednesday, September 27, 2017

What I'm Working on Wednesday

I have 1 - 2 shows a month until the end of the year in addition to my 2 booths.  I have been working on painting some furniture.  Last week, I was canning tomatoes and Shannon (my intern...) was washing, sanding and painting first coats on some furniture pieces.  It was hot and humid, so she was doing this at the kitchen table.  I turned from my 2 sinks, kettles and jars of tomatoes and said..."boy, I'm sure glad I am able to do what I have to do and you are doing what I have to do too...It's nice to have a 'Shannon.'"  She said, "I wish I had a Shannon too..."  We laughed!  She says she likes working here with me...even though I give her my least favorite jobs.  (wink)  I told my daughters "I'm sure going to miss having Shannon, I don't know if I can afford to keep her" (sounds like I'm talking about a puppy)...anyway, Anna messages me back..."well, just keep finding stuff she likes for trade!"  

With all that said, we worked on several pieces this past week.  I'm not sure what will go where yet, but these are only 2 of the pieces we worked on - they were both our favorites.  

The first table I bought from my old boss' wife, it was her grandmother's and needed some TLC.  The second one was from an estate buyout I did well over a year ago.  Both pieces were waiting for a new look.  I forgot to take the before pictures of each, I need to do that from now on!








Thanks for reading my blog.  I was so humbled by the kind words of a follower, actually, I don't have a large number of "follow along" people, but I must have many that do.   Anyway, while working that estate sale in Birnamwood, I had two ladies come up to me and tell me they like reading my blog posts.  It was nice to hear.  I've not been writing too much lately, but that made me want to keep going.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at your shows! Furniture flying out of our store lately. Hope Shannon can keep working with you...because than you will have to to the un-fun job. ;-) Janice

    ReplyDelete