Thursday, October 5, 2017

Cookie Of The Week 38 - Dicky Bird's Chunky Chocolate Chia


I made this recipe up - due to an "I don't know what I am craving" cookie...chocolate, peanut butter, raisin...I couldn't make up my mind, so I added them all together.  They turned out good - next time I might only put in 1 or 1 1/4 C flour.  I guess it would depend on how moist your coconut is or if you use creamy peanut butter.  

In a bowl combine

1 C old fashioned oats
1 C coconut
1/2 C chia seeds
1 C raisins
1 1/2 C Flour
1/2 C cocoa
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
1 t cinnamon




Cream together

1 C shortening I used this: 
1 C chunky peanut butter
1 C sugar
add:  
2 eggs
1 t vanilla

Combine the dry with the creamed mixture



I rolled them into 1 T size balls and baked for 13-14 min at 350.  





Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

1 comment: