Monday, February 3, 2014

Motivational Monday - I Need Some

The weather outside is frightful, but the felting inside is delightful!  

My friend came over and I gave her a lesson on needle felting.  This is something I have been doing for a few years.  It is very easy.  You just use a special needle with barbs on it, a felting needle, and punch down and pierce the wool on to a piece of felt or wool.  You can also sculpt with the wool and pierce it into itself.  


  
This is felting on a piece of wool.  I plan to make a pillow.  





This is sculpting with wool.  You felt the wool into itself.  I made this using a pipe cleaner frame, felted raw wool (grey) around the frame and then felted with dark wool to finish the bear.  

I don't need to remind any of you, most of you are living it as well, this winter is dragging my motivation down!  This a.m. -32, the actual temp.  I don't even want to know the wind chill.  It has been negative overnights here since the middle of December.  It has been hard to get motivated to do anything.  

It was nice that my friend came over and we worked on some projects.  This is something I can do - even under my electric blanket.  

So, if this winter has your motivation dragging...get out a craft project and start creating something...it will make you happy.   

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

Linked to:
http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2014/02/homestead-barn-hop-145.html

http://www.create-with-joy.com/2014/02/inspire-me-monday-week-109.html

http://www.tillysnest.com/2014/02/down-home-blog-hopnumber-74-diy-corsage.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TillysNest+%28Tilly%27s+Nest%29

3 comments:

  1. since i'm allergic to wool, i'll definitely never get into this hobby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun project, Jacky! -32??? I thought my forty degrees this morning was cold!!! I don't know how ya'll do it! Guess that's why I'm baking so much! Stay warm! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a neat craft!! Good thing to keep you busy on these cold winter night! Have a great weekend!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete