Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Low Fat Harvest Muffins


Low Fat Harvest Muffins

1 pkg. pumpkin spice pudding
1/2 C low fat/no fat yogurt
15 oz. can pumpkin
1 1/2 C shredded carrots
3 eggs
1/2 C skim milk
1 t vanilla
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t ground cloves
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt

Put all of this in a big bowl and stir together.  I did this by hand.  Mix well. 





Add to the wet mixture - in same bowl and mix by hand the following:

1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 C molasses
1 C oatmeal
2 C flour
1 C chopped walnuts







Mix well.  I used an ice cream scoop - makes 24 muffins.  I used paper liners, the next time I will just spray the pan.  The muffins stick to the paper.  Bake 350 for about 30 min. or until done.  




If you follow my blog, you know I like to make up recipes.  I made this one up as well.  If you are on Weight Watchers, 3.5 ppt per muffin.  You could make it for 2.5 ppt by taking out the walnuts.  

Wisconsin is getting colder - the other morning we woke up to a chilly 17.  My "nesting" instincts have kicked in.  Baking is a part of that.  Enjoy, they are really good.

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacky! Those muffins sure look good! I wonder if the girls will eat them? They'll be here this weekend so I may have to give them a try! Wow! It barely ever gets down to 17 here! Not even annually! My nesting instincts kicked in when it got into the sixties! We're going to have upper seventies today and tomorrow! I'm getting outside! Thanks for sharing you recipe! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy... Now they are what I need with my tea.. xo

    ReplyDelete