Monday, October 1, 2012

Roasted Vegetables - Soup & Sauce

Roasted Vegetable - Soup & Sauce

This was really just a way to use up some of my garden extras; however, it is absolutely delicious!

I took all kinds of veggies (zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash, carrots, onions, garlic and celery) diced them up into chunks, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.  I put them in a 300 oven for about 2 hours till fall apart tender.




Then I cut the skins off the veggies that need it like squash, eggplant and zucchini and dumped all of the veggies, including the pan juices into a stock pot.  I added a jar of my home canned V-8 juice for extra liquid.




I cooked this all down for about 45 min - 1 hr.  on low.  I then used my hand blender to mix it all together.


Mix this together until it is free of lumps.  Now you have some sauce.   I put 3 cups into freezer bags for later as pasta sauce or soup.

I then added a cup of water to 3 cups of this sauce and made a really tasty roasted vegetable soup!  I'm telling you...cheap, frugal tip and steps to a gourmet meal.


I LOVE soups!

Blessings from Wisconsin.

Down Home Blog Hop
The Chicken Chick
Post a Comment