Monday, September 17, 2012

Two Diners, Drive-ins and Dives Stops

I am a "foodie."  I love watching Food Network.  One of my favorite shows is Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.  Guy Fieri is an excellent host and I love his one-liners and humor. 

I went to Minnesota this past week.  So, I knew I was going to eat out - so, why not cross off some of the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on my list.  I actually ate at 2.

Smalley's Caribean Barbeque, Stillwater, MN.  This little town is gorgeous!  Adorable shops - nice antique ones too.
I ordered the pork tacos - they were good, but I thought the "jerk" rub was too salty.   I would try this again, the order came with 3 tacos - next time I would share one order. 



The next day I ate at The Nook, St. Paul, MN.  Their claim to fame was the stuffed burgers.  This was delicious!!  The fries were the best I've eaten - possibly ever.  It was easy to find with other cute shops on the same street. 


I want to go back and take Al.  We want to plan a Diners, Drive-ins and Dives field trip to Minneapolis/St. Paul - someday....

Blessings from Wisconsin.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jacky! That food looks delicious! Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a wonderful trip! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I watch that show ALL THE TIME!!!! Your food looked great!

    ReplyDelete