I recently was nominated for a Liebster award. I was also recognized previously: http://dickybirdsnest.blogspot.com/2011/09/liebster-award.html
Liebster" is a German word meaning dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The Liebster is awarded to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers.
How fun!! Now for the rules:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have fun!
Double H Photography – a blog about real, hands on experiences living on a ranch. I LOVE bloggers that post about what they have done – not necessarily what they read about. To me, real live experiences are “priceless”. She has another website where she sells her photos. Her pictures are actually what drew me to look at her blog. After reading her posts about ranch life – I was hooked. Her love for the family farm and lifestyle she grew up in shows in how she writes. Check out her blog and website – the photos are awesome!
So, my 5 picks are (some slightly over 200 followers):
1. Gracie’s Cottage: http://cobblecreek.blogspot.com/. She posts about her antique and flea shows and finds. I actually introduced myself to her at the Junk Bonanza in MN. She currently has a new selling spot at an antique shop in Waterloo, WI. She has an etsy account too. Check out her decorating style and “goodies” in her booths.
2. Looking for Firsts: http://lookingforfirst.blogspot.com/. This blogger, Calli, actually was in my 4-H group. She has since grown up and moved to Alaska! Her blog is about all the “firsts” in her life and that of her son, Seth. She is doing a great job as a “mama” and has just announced that she is expecting baby #2. Congratulations!
3. Willow Homestead: http://willowhomestead.blogspot.com/. “Bo Peep” is the blogger at my next nominee. Her blog is about the retro lifestyle. She is an expert seamstress and has this apron challenge (sorry I haven’t entered yet…) where she makes an apron a month. She posts about her hobby farm life, sewing projects, sheep and spinning. Check out her fun blog.
4. Wisteria & Roses: http://simplypractical.blogspot.com/: “Bama Girl” has an informative blog about her life in Alabama. She posts about gardening, cooking, frugal and simple living. Her posts are full of pictures and very informative. Check it out.
5. Hometown Victory Girls: http://hometownvictorygirls.blogspot.com/. Wild Kat and Bo Peep post to this blog. This one is all about retro living. They share a passion for this era and all it offered us. Including what a real woman should look like – “pin up” shape…. They even do a “Pin Up” beauty contest, held right here in Wisconsin. They both are very creative and share many ideas. Check it out.
So, I am happy that I have been recognized not only once, but twice. I enjoy blogging and have connected with some really nice people.
Blessings from Wisconsin!